Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Thanks, that's good to know, what timing for the Komodo, c70 and a7sIIIs owners
    I’m probably not too far off base to say that something like “force mobile” would have been 5-6 figures less than 10 years ago. And now it’s part of gimbals that cost a few hundred bucks and uses the motion sensors built into consumer cell phones.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post
    If it works as advertised, 3D focus system would breed a new life to a lot of, by today's 'standards', 'obsolete' toys.
    I’m really interested in it, as well. Hopefully it’s release isn’t too far out. DJI says “available soon”.

3. Collapse Details
    DJI RS 2 Gimbal Stabilizer Pro Combo
    B&H says the combo in stock now.
    Just bought the moza air 2 recently - checked the return date - out of luck.

4. Collapse Details
    B&H is already showing the RS 2 Pro Combo on the top of "best sellers" for "motorized gimbal stabilizers".

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 3.29.11 PM.jpg

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I’m probably not too far off base to say that something like “force mobile” would have been 5-6 figures less than 10 years ago. And now it’s part of gimbals that cost a few hundred bucks and uses the motion sensors built into consumer cell phones.
    Yeah definitely. The last couple of months have released a lot of new tools for consideration.

6. Collapse Details
    Is force mobile useful somehow for a solo operator? It's only useful for a 2nd remote operator, right?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Is force mobile useful somehow for a solo operator? It's only useful for a 2nd remote operator, right?
    You could use it to make adjustments to the rig where you can't reach it e.g. up high, car mount etc.

Maybe a solo operator could control a b camera on a gimbal for an interview, making adjustments from a ball head on top of/next to the a camera.

I'm mostly looking forward to being the second operator the camera with the phone on a fluid head.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    Tilta are releasing a whole ecosystem of accessories for the DJI RS 2.
    It seems like DJI won't be updating their m/mx line and, short of a ronin 2/3, are happy with the various accessories to get you to a larger size if needed.

I think small handheld gimbal work is still mostly really bad - it's not even close to the perfectly smooth camera floating through space notion which made the gimbal explode in the first place. But I'm sure enough people will be satisfied building up their RS 2 rather than coughing up for DJI's premium products. I wonder what features they'd add to a ronin 3 that would make it more of a tough decision, other than stronger motors and being better suited to work in a crew environment.

10. Collapse Details
    So, B&H never fails to disappoint. Ordered the RS 2 Wednesday night and selected one day shipping, because it says Friday delivery(free was Wed, but I’m traveling out of town to work for the next three days after that). So, did I receive it today? Nope. They didn’t ship it until today(at least that’s what the order says...). They used to be the gold standard for on-line purchasing for photo and TV gear. But lately when dealing with them it feels like ordering something off of TV in 1987: delivery in 6-8 weeks. They need to get their heads out of... and step back up to the plate. Other merchants have returned to pretty much normal for shipping merchandise. But honestly, their problem goes beyond the pandemic. I started experiencing shipping/delivery problems as soon as they moved their warehouse to Jersey and started using FedEx as their default shipper several years ago. The biggest thing they have going for them right now is their PayBoo card.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast