Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Getting youtube views?
    When it comes to helping clients get more youtube and facebook views, short of luck does it pretty much come down to paying a company specializing in this to help it happen?
    I've watched some successful youtubers build up a channel over time (years) until they have millions of views but working on it for years is not really an answer a client wants to hear. There is so much out there that someone can make good content but still go virtually unseen.
    Thoughts?

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, it's all over the place...truly no formula to follow.

Some work very hard and get nowhere and some work very little and get very far, and then there is everything in between.

No company can really help you much.

Celerity endorsements like 'The Rock' telling his 200 million followers on Instagram to check this out would help...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Good content, good keywords, keep in touch with your viewers and hope the algorithm starts working for you too.

I boosted my (sailing) channel with posting clips on sailing forums.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSoqyZWbRs&t=11s

1.000.000 + views.
    Last edited by Publimix; 10-14-2020 at 01:46 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    I was having a convo with my brother about it. In some ways he has the potential to create a channel but the amount of time and effort might get you very little. I'm sure there are places you could get tips but it's still very hard. A lot of the modern day platforms are very attractive because you have the freedom to create and post content. The issue is only a few at the top get the views. Even if you manage to create good content, get views, to consistently follow that up to generate equally compelling content to build a following is daunting.

5. Collapse Details
    I got more views on my first "on topic" post than on the subsequent ones. The channel was probably throttled. I thought I was going to be a star.

As to clients, if you got one video, it ain't gonna do much.

6. Collapse Details
    One of the key things seems to be uploading new content frequently...several times a week or at least once a week. Something every few weeks or months may not cut it.

7. Collapse Details
    The big time YouTubers can get away with once or twice a month, but I'd concur one video per week is probably universally recommended for most and twice a week for the up-and-coming whom are gaining some traction (100K subs, 250K subs, etc).

The field you choose (or you maybe have no choice if it's your hobby) is so so so important because some require much less work and effort and research than others.

8. Collapse Details
    I've been watching a lot of political videos from Russia and Ukraine (and sometimes Belarus) lately. The cost of making a talking head/narrative clip is very low. The most popular vloggers produce 4-6 clips per day (!). They may get 15,000-150,000 views per clip but multiply that 4-6 times and and you're getting some serious numbers.

I assume the top ones have several writers and the on-air talents. Clips last anywhere from three to fifteen minutes. Some are very fact based; others will give extensive background before jumping into the main point.

9. Collapse Details
    Actually that's a good point...the type of channel (not just its content) matters too.

I watch tons of sports highlights and some of those channels can have over 50, 100 short videos in one day depending on what's going on in the world.

(Obviously that's a bigger operation than most solo creators.)

10. Collapse Details
    I found one political vlogger from Ukraine getting about half a mil views per day off his 4-6 videos but some videos end up getting half a mil by themselves within a week or so. Short form helps too. His shortest clips are under five min.

Of course, then there's Joe Rogan and his (alleged) $30M/Y contract. For those who thought that long form could no longer work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast