Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    And what was the model?
    He's under the NDA and I don't want to post anything that someone can sleuth. The camera's been discussed here in the past, albeit not as much as ...

2. Collapse Details
    Just checked out some of the footage. The dynamic range is pretty mind blowing. If they can eventually get rid of the crispy edge sharpened look, I would definitely never bring a dedicated camera with me for travel or many other non-client related situations.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    He's under the NDA and I don't want to post anything that someone can sleuth. The camera's been discussed here in the past, albeit not as much as ...
    I can tell you that in live streaming, clients are MUCH less concerned about the cameras used than in traditional production. It's all going to end up as 1080 30p at 5-6Mbps if they're lucky so in a way,
    the cameras used barely matter. I know, GIGO, but I have yet to come across a live stream client who would pay for more than an FS7/C300 MKII type camera for a live stream.

In live streaming, what the client should be paying for and concerned about is having a GREAT webcast engineer and systems, component and Internet redundancy. Cameras are way down the list.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    My friend is not involved in the production. The info just came across his desk. They may pretape some, broadcast some live, edit everything down to a shorter duration film afterwards. He's not even sure if this going to be done on a stage in front of a green screen or prerecorded off the various interviews that will be done prior to the event. He just rattled off the name of the camera model and it took me a few seconds to recognize all the consonants. He's actually thinking of the iPhone 12 for himself.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    This is getting insane. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. I choose laugh.

So the Pro Max essentially has iBIS now. Shoots in true 10-bit Dolby Vision like at 4k 60fps. Camera has RAW with added access to the computational layers? LIDAR with depth mapping for focus... crazy.

When they add pixel dimming (essential, pixel level electronic variable ND) that will be a huge deal. Right now iPhone video still has that edgy high shutter motion and it looks cheap. As soon as that pixel level VND is in and running on auto to lock in 24fps 180 motion, or whatever you set it to... wow.

Let's not forget all the easily forgettable things from last year - multi lens recording simultaneously, etc. Quite seriously, in a couple years an iPhone 14 Pro Max might be a (very) viable b-camera without any level of accessorizing.
    So many cool advancements but still no adjustable aperture or build in ND to compensate or bright light. I don't consider any camera pro if I can't shoot outdoors with a normal 180 degree shutter. Its fine for photos but these things real need a variable ND

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    So many cool advancements but still no adjustable aperture or build in ND to compensate or bright light. I don't consider any camera pro if I can't shoot outdoors with a normal 180 degree shutter. Its fine for photos but these things real need a variable ND
    Well you could attach one - https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/67mm...BoCW5wQAvD_BwE

I'm willing to do it on my mirrorless cameras, so I'd be willing to do it on a phone

7. Collapse Details
    I’m wondering if Apple may at same point ever the camera industry more officially with an interchangeable lens camera. Something that plays right around the $3k-$5k price point. I can’t even imagine what they could do it they send their software/silicone advantage into this, but if camera companies continue to struggle and they join an existing lens mount they could be an overnight behemoth. Steve Jobs according to the bio had said he was very interested in the TV market, and the photography market.

8. Collapse Details
    Is it possible to engineer an adjustable aperture in a cell phone camera for video?
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

9. Collapse Details
    I’m wondering this too David. I’m just guessing here but based on how micro the lens system is, I’d say they will instead pursue ND dimming for light control at the pixel level (all electronic). To adjust depth of field, my guess is that the camera will not stop down aperture but instead take multiple exposures in a millisecond and combine then to get a deeper DoF (essentially the reverse of their fake shallow DOF algorithm). Conceivably, this could even work for video thanks to how many calculations the cpu is doing, Lidar, and multiple lens arrays. If not now, then perhaps within 2 years.

Frankly nothing surprises me anymore so perhaps they will have no problem implementing a variable aperture lens in such a thin body, I’m just curious how they could cram more into such a small space.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Saraceno View Post
    Is it possible to engineer an adjustable aperture in a cell phone camera for video?
    Yes but it seems that there are other priorities on the current generation of phones.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/202...xperiment.html

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast