1. Collapse Details
    HELP! Transcoding 120 FPS in FPS
    I am trying to transcode footage shot in 120 continuous FPS on the FS5. When I import the clip into Final Cut Pro the thumbnail is green and there is no video. Basically it seems like Final Cut Pro cannot read the clip. Catalyst browse isn't working on my computer so I need to transcode to prorres with Final Cut Pro. Has anyone experienced this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Miller View Post
    I am trying to transcode footage shot in 120 continuous FPS on the FS5. When I import the clip into Final Cut Pro the thumbnail is green and there is no video. Basically it seems like Final Cut Pro cannot read the clip. Catalyst browse isn't working on my computer so I need to transcode to prorres with Final Cut Pro. Has anyone experienced this before?
    Have you tried opening the files Resolve and then exporting as ProRes? In my experience, Resolve handles all codecs and flavors of Sony footage effortlessly.

3. Collapse Details
    Maybe check to see you have the latest Apple Pro Media update? Sorry that’s all I can think of. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2050?locale=en_US

I’ve not run into this issue and I do a lot of 120 fps recording on the FS5 and always edit in FCPX.