Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My bad - I had proxy record on. If you turn off proxy record, it says it will let you record all-I 4K with a V90 card.

And in s&q long-gop HD you can do 240fps into a 24p 50Mbps timebase with no proxies using a V90 card.

Man these requirements for different configurations can be confusing. But it seems like a V90 card can handle all codecs. But there are some codecs that you would need a cfexpress-a card in order to simultaneously record proxies. And you can get away with V60 cards for all framerates and resolutions if you shoot long-gop.

2. Collapse Details
    Received mine yesterday. Literally picked up the UPS package on the way out the door to my job that day, and wound up using it (was set up to roll with my A7RIV, so only slight adjustment necessary). Works a treat with the K3M. It was very quaint doing a professional job with the retro handycam "BING" noise upon pressing the record button

FWIW, the Zacuto A7RIV cage is pretty much a direct fit, with only the sling eyelet bolt needing adjustment (S3 eyelets are inexplicably smaller internal diameter).

Color response does not look the same as the A7RIV, though. I get to fiddle with matching them now. Full week of travel jobs coming up that'll pair the two. Should be a pretty killer photo/video 2-body pair that can both roll unlimited with custom filenames, one body for photos and other for b-roll, etc etc.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Literally picked up the UPS package on the way out the door to my job that day, and wound up using it
    Wow bro, you are ballsy! And you can kill the bing, you know?

I have been enjoying "Movie" color and on my shoot today will be experimenting with SOOCing with 5 different picture profiles tuned to different contrast (and one to a different saturation) levels, but all using Movie color. I'm seeing nice results grading s-log2 and s-log3 footage from scratch shot with the Movie color matrix. Of course, the gamut is not as wide and you can't use standard s-log3 s-gamut3.cine LUTs. Next I will be experimenting with LUTs for s-log3/s-gamut3.cine - let me know if you have any recommendations for this camera!
    www.VideoAbe.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

4. Collapse Details
    Hey...any idea what the warning "This function is currently disabled. Change the lens status or change the lens" means? Button C2 had nothing on it, so I mapped the Focus mag to the button, and when I push it, I get the above message. The focus mag going through the main menu works just fine, though.

I can't find any useful reference to "changing the lens status" in the printed manual or the online help search function.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by captslomo View Post
    Hey...any idea what the warning "This function is currently disabled. Change the lens status or change the lens" means? Button C2 had nothing on it, so I mapped the Focus mag to the button, and when I push it, I get the above message. The focus mag going through the main menu works just fine, though.

I can't find any useful reference to "changing the lens status" in the printed manual or the online help search function.
    I'm not sure. But are you sure you successfully remapped the button? It doesn't make sense that you can do something in the menu that you cant do with the button.

Change the lens status may mean flip a switch on the lens itself, like the af/mf switch. Maybe the camera thinks you're stuck in MF because the lens is MF or the switch is set to MF and the function that the button is mapped to requires AF mode

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for helping me out!

It appears I made a couple of errors in navigating the labyrinthian Sony menu. I originally set the button while
    inside the still photo queue (and even though in the video queue the same button showed "follow still selection" or some such, it was not working.) And then when I got into the "video" button side, I did not initially realize there was the entire panoply of menu items to sift through before making a selection, not just the first 5 or 6 choices that popped up.

In my big Sony cameras, when you went to an assignable button, it gave you one list of viable selections. On the A7S3, it's hundreds across many menus. Always a learning curve. But the good news is, I now have focus mag successfully mapped to the C2 button. Time for a beer!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    If you turn off proxy record, it says it will let you record all-I 4K with a V90 card.
    I had a new issue yesterday when trying to record All-I 4K footage on a new Pro Grade V90 card. Previously, with proxies off, I had no issues at various4K-I frame rates with the ProGrade.

I had remapped a custom button to test gamma assist with S-Log 3 recording. Suddenly, I kept getting an error in camera indicating the a CFexpress card was required to record at any of these 4K-I settings. That was new.

I finally reformatted the ProGrade V90 card, and the warning went away for All-I 4K with the ProGrade.

Apparently the A7Siii can be finicky at times.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Wow. When I first got mine, neither of my V90 cards would allow me to record All-I. Then I did something and now they both work. Have no idea what. �� This camera really is the bomb!

9. Collapse Details
    Couple further observations as I come up to speed on the A7S3: The Prograde V90 128 cards seem to work fine--recorded 4K all-I at 60 FPS for the length of the cards. Nice stopgap until the higher capacity Sony Tough cards start showing up.

Normally, hooking up a monitor to the HDMI port kills the camera LCD display, but there is a workaround. If you go into the HDMI menu and deselect HDMI info, a full frame image shows up on my smallHD 5 in Focus Touch, and the camera monitor stays active. In the touch controls, I can select the Record, Zebra and Waveform tools, and those all show up on the monitor. The Record function shows as a blinking red perimeter box. I can even display TC through the monitor tools.

Otherwise, if I leave the HDMI display "on" in the camera, it kills the LCD and gives me a full info, but somewhat shrunken image on the smallHD.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpais View Post
    Wow. When I first got mine, neither of my V90 cards would allow me to record All-I. Then I did something and now they both work. Have no idea what. 😁 This camera really is the bomb!
    Would really appreciate if you dug a little deeper into this one. Have Hoodman V90 128 GB SD cards which are supposed to work for XAVC 4k I on a7s3, but they do not. Any ideas?

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast