Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    I just picked up an A7SIII. Haven't had the chance to film much yet, but does anyone think Sony will ever give it S-Cinetone in a future FW upgrade or are they going to protect their cinema line products?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I doubt they will give it S-Cinetone. But hey what do I know. Didn't the cameras that have it have it from the outset?
    I think they will, if people keep asking for it. It's not that different from the Fuji's Velveeta and Provolone looks. Sony's good with updates. Don't feel grated.

2. Collapse Details
    I am surprised the a7SIII does not have shutter angles and waveform. Seems like that should be priority #1 for a video first model these days.

BTW, how does one "ask for it" these days? Forum posts that get picked up by bots? Calling the company? etc... It seems these camera makers never want your input directly.
    Last edited by Bassman2003; 01-07-2021 at 07:25 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    I am surprised the a7SIII does not have shutter angles and waveform. Seems like that should be priority #1 for a video first model these days.
    Do any mirrorless cameras not made by Panasonic have those features? Canon? Nikon?

4. Collapse Details
    ... BTW, how does one "ask for it" these days? Forum posts that get picked up by bots? Calling the company? etc... It seems these camera makers never want your input directly.
    The best way is via the retailers, who move a lot of merchandise. Sony is unlikely to have skipped this feature by mistake but it's been in the "constant updates" mode on most of their models for a long time. Sometimes, the update was always inside the camera software anyway (F5).

5. Collapse Details
    No, but none of those other makers have a "video centric" model on offer. These features on the Panasonic cameras are some of the most popular, easy to implement and are not patented.

I would not be surprised if Sony never adds the higher level color profile as it is for the higher level cameras. But, I would also not be surprised to see them add it as they have been very responsive with camera features.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I am trying to decide to buy this or not.I've been shooting everything on the A73 (along with an A9 on a Ronin S) and am just wondering out loud,will clients notice the difference?
    It has things I want/need but most of my clients are in the 2000-6000 range on somethings, corporate and wedding included.

7. Collapse Details
    No, most won't.

Maybe the slow-motion (if applicable) may look sharper to some.

But aside IQ for people not obsessing over it on a daily basis like many of us, it's of course a much better camera and you're paying their asking price to make yourself happier (and maybe your camera life a little easier, funner).

8. Collapse Details
    Maybe autofocus?

If you're not grading log much then I doubt there will be a huge IQ jump. and the low-light on their other FF cameras is probably good enough for almost everything. I gotta say though, the ISO 12800 is sweeet

If you're on the fence about it, I would wait for the cheaper 10-bit camera to arrive (a7iv?)

9. Collapse Details
    slo mo would be useful for sure. but i shoot PP1 in Cine4 or Pro, so my color grading is basic adjustments. No client has ever questioned looks or anything. maybe I'll just buy another 1911 instead.

10. Collapse Details
    No, but none of those other makers have a "video centric" model on offer. These features on the Panasonic cameras are some of the most popular, easy to implement and are not patented.

I would not be surprised if Sony never adds the higher level color profile as it is for the higher level cameras. But, I would also not be surprised to see them add it as they have been very responsive with camera features.
    The highest level is RAW, which the a7s III has.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789