Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Trump Tests Positive for the Coronavirus
    Exclamation
    The president’s result came after he spent months playing down the severity of the outbreak that has killed more than 207,000 in the United States and hours after insisting that “the end of the pandemic is in sight.”

"President Trump said early Friday morning that he and the first lady have tested positive for the coronavirus, throwing the nation’s leadership into uncertainty and escalating the crisis posed by a pandemic that has already killed more than 207,000 Americans and devastated the economy.

The president’s physician said Mr. Trump was “well” without saying whether he was experiencing symptoms and added that the president would stay isolated in the White House for now.

Other aides to the president would not say whether he was experiencing symptoms, but people at the White House noticed that his voice sounded raspy on Thursday, although it was not clear that it was abnormal for him, especially given the number of campaign rallies he has been holding lately.

Mr. Trump received the test result after one of his closest advisers, Hope Hicks, became infected, bringing the virus into his inner circle and underscoring the difficulty of containing it even with the resources of a president. Mr. Trump has for months played down the severity of the virus and told a political dinner just Thursday night that “the end of the pandemic is in sight.” "

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/u...gtype=Homepage

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Pretty crazy, although it also happened to the leaders of the UK and Brazil. Let's hope he recovers quickly. He's in a high risk category for age, but obviously he's got great medical care and I think he's asymptomatic thus far.

I bet he got it from sharing a plane ride with Hope Hicks. She tested positive earlier today, that's why he took the test.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I guess his 14-day quarantine means I'm not working the Miami debate in 13 days.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by groveChuck View Post
    I guess his 14-day quarantine means I'm not working the Miami debate in 13 days.
    I dunno. I think if he tests negative twice then hes in the clear. He could recover in a week. Or they could connect him to the debate remotely. Strange times we live in.

5. Collapse Details
    FWIW, Putin hasn't come out of his secret bunker in six months and the figurehead premier Mishustin was out for a couple of months himself.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    FWIW, Putin hasn't come out of his secret bunker in six months and the figurehead premier Mishustin was out for a couple of months himself.
    I think you might be referring to this excursion. At least you can't say he is taking chances with his personal health.

Putin.jpg

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=69768452

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I dunno. I think if he tests negative twice then hes in the clear. He could recover in a week. Or they could connect him to the debate remotely. Strange times we live in.
    I have a client who’s protocol’s knock you out of the mix for at least 10 days if you test positive, regardless of re-test results. I find this policy a little unfair and extreme, considering the chance for a false-positive is still ~30%, I believe.

I wonder how this plays out... Will we see a national mask mandate, now, or if he doesn’t “get sick” will he double down that the virus isn’t “that bad”?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post

I wonder how this plays out... Will we see a national mask mandate, now, or if he doesn’t “get sick” will he double down that the virus isn’t “that bad”?
    We are a country of 50 independent states.

No President can mandate a national mask policy.

The Governors can.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer/Director, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

9. Collapse Details
    That yellow hazmat suit has an added benefit of making Vlad appear taller.

tumblr_legu02DWKh1qak6iwo1_400.jpg

10. Collapse Details
    A coworker of mine caught a cold, he tested negative for covid, but was still required to quarantine for 14 days, due to the potential for a false-negative. I think that policy is overly cautious, but businesses have the right to implement any safety practices they deem prudent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast