1. Collapse Details
    Canon C200 Vent Modification
    Hi all, I saw mentioned in another thread about the C70 where Dan commented on how the vent on the C200 blows into your ear while shoulder mounted. I find this to be annoying too.

Recently I found this modification that can be created with a 3D printer to redirect the airflow backwards. Here is a link to the files (free download):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3502750

Since I don't own a 3D printer I was going to take the file to my local library and print it out, however, covid came and the libraries were closed, so I have no experience with it.

I plan to make one once a printer becomes available.

óRon

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Marvin View Post
    Hi all, I saw mentioned in another thread about the C70 where Dan commented on how the vent on the C200 blows into your ear while shoulder mounted. I find this to be annoying too.

Recently I found this modification that can be created with a 3D printer to redirect the airflow backwards. Here is a link to the files (free download):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3502750

Since I don't own a 3D printer I was going to take the file to my local library and print it out, however, covid came and the libraries were closed, so I have no experience with it.

I plan to make one once a printer becomes available.

—Ron
    Thanks Ron. I too don't have access to a 3D printer but I know some people with one.
    If I can find someone to print it, I'll print one out for you and will send it to you. I have a
    new client who has a 3D printer. If their project is a success and he is happy, I'll ask him to
    print me a couple.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    What about online services like 3dhubs.com? I had lens gears printed a few years ago and mailed to my home, but I can't remember which online service I used.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Thanks Ron. I too don't have access to a 3D printer but I know some people with one.
    If I can find someone to print it, I'll print one out for you and will send it to you. I have a
    new client who has a 3D printer. If their project is a success and he is happy, I'll ask him to
    print me a couple.
    That'll be great Dan, I hope it works out. Much appreciated.