Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hate cvp location shots with no ND at a sunny skatepark

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Itís not a bad thing but who hasnít got a couple of gh4s lying around or a bmc micro - Iíve got both - and that screen on the gh4 is very handy for trimming a remote setup

So unless you need 6 and are a proper events company I canít see Joe normal (professional op) buying one?
    I agree with this. The main attraction for this cam is using it remote controlled for events. For a sensor in a box "cinema" camera, I would turn elsewhere. Z cam being the obvious place, as I like the image better, better HFR options, and most notably...internal prores 4k up to 60p.

Nothing wrong with this camera, but because they are calling it a cinema camera, it's definitely gonna get compared against some stiff competition without adding a whole lot.

3. Collapse Details
    Oh its missing ProRAW photos, LiDar and Dolby HDR

4. Collapse Details
    I think this is a great camera for what it is. I can see myself rigging three of those with a Blackmagic switcher for conferences. They would be great for a studio show, churches, event centers and YouTube creators. For this particular use I really do not care about NDs as it's primarily use will be indoors. The interconnectivity it provides is great for $2k. This is more of a broadcast camera though and not a cinema camera. The fact that Panasonic called it a Cinema Camera makes me hopeful that they are about to release an S35/Full frame version/s that are true cinema cameras with ND and hopefully a solid 15 stop DR..
    Last edited by Ken1212; 10-13-2020 at 01:04 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    I wonder who this camera is aimed at.

The people who wanted a Z-cam already bought one. Those wanting full frame or high frame rates can go w/a A7sIII. I'm guessing TV stations won't be falling over each other to buy this. Obviously, no photogs either. Hard to believe that Blackmagic or Canon cinema camera fans are going to swarm over to this. Gimbal/drone shooters are a stretch b/c of the lack of reliable AF & lack of in-body slow motion.

Speaking of which, this camera has no phase detect auto-focus, IBIS, screen, built-in ND, 4K above 60fps, 4:2:2 10 bit internal recording, XLR inputs, joystick, weather sealing, wave forms, vectorscopes, or Panasonic's best version of V-log. No improvements to the color science, or any other sort of unique feature not seen on some other Panny model.

Little to nothing which makes it an obvious upgrade from another system, or even Panasonic's own. In a year which has featured some amazing new cameras - including Panasonic's own S5 - this new release pales by comparison. A niche camera with several massive omissions (even for a box-style camera), a high price tag, and no innovation is not something that's going to make people re-think leaving the brand. True, there might be some limited use for this as a very high end web cam for corporations or TV stations, but I'm guessing even most of those users don't need genlock or SDI.

So again, who is this camera for? Just as with their "vlogging camera" released earlier this year, Panasonic seems to have vastly misunderstood in a fundamental way what the users of a particular style of camera actually want.

Simply put, marketing this as an indie film maker "cinema camera" indicates a profound lack misunderstanding of the market.

This camera looks and feels like Panasonic's way of blowing out some never used components on a shelf on the cheapest design they could steal, er, come up with. Even at $1000 this camera would be a questionable buy for most; at $2000 it seems borderline delusional....

Which, as it turns out, is exactly what the rumors would have lead us to believe.
    John Vincent
    Evil Genius Entertainment.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Im not up with live and switching. I do know that ethernet might be cool. Maybe this is a conference camera and has a level of (remote) control that is not available on DSLR or other 'cinema' cameras

In that case it could be useful. And it is a step up (image wise) from the ptz offereings which have tiny chips do they not?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Im not up with live and switching. I do know that ethernet might be cool. Maybe this is a conference camera and has a level of (remote) control that is not available on DSLR or other 'cinema' cameras

In that case it could be useful. And it is a step up (image wise) from the ptz offereings which have tiny chips do they not?
    With an upcoming firmware update one can stream, control and power the camera through a single ethernet cable.

https://youtu.be/i87Z5MBJ-Tw?t=212

8. Collapse Details
    I sure hope they use NDI for the Ethernet streams.

9. Collapse Details
    Darn, I was hoping this would turn out to be a sort of AF200 / mini EVA1.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Darn, I was hoping this would turn out to be a sort of AF200 / mini EVA1.
    Panasonic might announce something new or an update to the EVA1 shortly after Sony announces the full specs of the FX6 which will be before the C70 starts shipping next month.
    Last edited by Ken1212; 10-13-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast