Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    [QUOTE=ahalpert;1986844206]Wow. It's only got V-Log L. What a nothingburger. I guess that's all the sensor can do.

If the rumors are correct, it's a small boxcam with Gig ethernet. Feeling like The Ultimate WebCam for Zoom and YouTube! And also for people with extra ports on their ATEM Mini switchers... And that's about it. OK, gimbals...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Wow. It's only got V-Log L. What a nothingburger. I guess that's all the sensor can do.
    V-Log L when captured in 10-bit is very decent. It's when you record in 8-bit that the problems surface.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    V-Log L when captured in 10-bit is very decent. It's when you record in 8-bit that the problems surface.
    Sure but it has 2 stops less DR than full v-log, no?

4. Collapse Details
    Sure but it has 2 stops less DR than full v-log, no?
    That's only relevant if the sensor supplies the extra stops over and above what VLog-L can encode.

Since no actual, real specifications have been released by the company, it would seem premature to be debating or be disappointed in what some rumor site posted.

As of now we don't know if there even is any camera coming, and if there is, we don't know what it's sensor can do, so there's no way of knowing whether VLog-L is a suitable choice or not.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    True. The rumor site said 13 stops of DR so I suppose v-log l would be the appropriate choice. Nevertheless, it will be outclassed by numerous competitors

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    True. The rumor site said 13 stops of DR so I suppose v-log l would be the appropriate choice. Nevertheless, it will be outclassed by numerous competitors
    How can a fictional sheet of numbers be outclassed by anything? Maybe I should make up some bigger numbers and send those to some random rumor site?

I have never understood the fascination with following or believing anything printed on those sites. Why not wait for the company to make an announcement, if there is even an announcement coming, and then worry about it when there's actually something real to discuss?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    I've been following rumor sites for a number of years and they can provide very accurate information within a month or two of the product launch. And usually, they give a pretty accurate indication of the confidence level they have in their information.

If you sent in a rumor, they would take it with a grain of salt. Maybe they would mention that some random new guy sent something in. But they discuss the track record of the specific sources who leak to them.

I think a lot of rumor site stuff is controlled leaks anyway.

At any rate, it's worth it for me to ponder upcoming alternatives while I'm within the return window for my a7siii.

If the camera has more than 13 stops of manufacturer-rated DR, I'll give you 5 upvotes.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    ... I have never understood the fascination with following or believing anything printed on those sites. Why not wait for the company to make an announcement, if there is even an announcement coming, and then worry about it when there's actually something real to discuss?
    Tis little we have in our lives these days. Perchance we dream of things to come, brings merriment to our unbroken dreary weary. Cast ye not thy disparagement upon us who seek to rise out of the muck to dream of a brighter day. *

*Tis Paul going nuts cooped up indoors from the smoke.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Camera rumor sites have nothing on car rumor sites. And the manufacturers love playing along. Nissan's run the "400Z is coming" campaign for months before the official reveal - which also came out without the final specs a la Canon R5 - of couple of weeks ago.

Of course, while the early camera testers sign the NDA, all car rumor sites post numerous clips taken at Nürburgring. Camo or not, once something whizzes by at the Nordschleife, you kind of know it's coming.

10. Collapse Details
    Subaru teased its upcoming BRZ (a 2+2 sports car) in Costa Mesa yesterday. Well, "teased" may be too much. It showed a portion of a rear wheel. No specs were given.

Of course, there are plenty of shots of the car in camouflage. At Nürburgring. Naturlich.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast