Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all your ideas! I'm really hesitant to go with "Home Depot" LED solutions because of pulsing from cheap LED fixtures. Quasar T8 tubes aren't available where I live, so just like the high CRI LED strips from china, I would have to import - also sth I'm not to fond of.
    I guess I'll just skip the idea of having production quality lights as my everyday illumination.
    Or maybe I'll use ask Roger Deakins to build me one of his huge rings out of Arri 300s and use it as a heating in winter...
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Collapse Details
    T8 fluorescent fixtures with modern solid state ballasts don't flicker at normal frame rates. The ballasts run at very high frequencies.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I guess I'll just skip the idea of having production quality lights as my everyday illumination.
    This is an important point of clarity you need to reach (Im not saying which way) - shoot happy lights are 5x more epensive!

My advice again
    -go for diffuse/bounce not spots - shadows when you work under the house lights (rig the stage/build the cameras are highly distracting)
    -try and keep the ceiling free of physical objects above the shooting stage this will be wonderful when you go to photo/film something reflective

Razz mention flouro. Im concerned about long term availability but you can see in the this video that flouro (not domestic LED) is photo ready and currently cheaper lumen per $ then photo ready LED

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12