Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Does anyone have the for the F35?
    As some of you know I am developing and configuring a Controller Board that will give us Quad SDI and Trigger REC for the F35, but I need to carry one last experiment. I would need to borrow a CAF101 and Optical Connection for a quick test. If I can't borrow, I would like to know if someone could run a quick test for me.

Test consists of:

With the SRW-1 docked on the SRPC-1, attach an external recorder (Odyssey, PIX...) on one of the Monitor outs of the SRPC-1. Hit record on the camera and confirm if the recorder is getting triggered by the On Camera Record Button in this config. If it does, we are in luck. I suspect it does. I am almost 100% convinced it does but I need visual confirmation before I can develop the project further. If someone can confirm with a quick video, it would be incredibly helpful.

Folks, if this works, we are looking at Quad SDI and trigger Rec with a simple board installed under the top handle (It will require a little sodering) and no IF BOX!? Just the camera body!? Yes... Can we have a Mini F35, with 50p 4444? Looks like we may.

Kudos to Viddovation who led the way.

Who is excited. I am.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Holy hell! That's exciting!

Can't wait to see it in action. What recorders will support quad-SDI input and 50p 4:4:4?

3. Collapse Details
    This sounds amazing. I was looking at an old project I shot on the F35 and I'm always so pleased with its color rendition and image quality. Excited to see how this unfolds!

4. Collapse Details
    Hi, great project! curious to know what microcontroler do you use? Arduino or pic32 as viddovation ? There was a car 101 on ebay, do you buy it?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rbirnbaum View Post
    As some of you know I am developing and configuring a Controller Board that will give us Quad SDI and Trigger REC for the F35, but I need to carry one last experiment. I would need to borrow a CAF101 and Optical Connection for a quick test. If I can't borrow, I would like to know if someone could run a quick test for me.

Test consists of:

With the SRW-1 docked on the SRPC-1, attach an external recorder (Odyssey, PIX...) on one of the Monitor outs of the SRPC-1. Hit record on the camera and confirm if the recorder is getting triggered by the On Camera Record Button in this config. If it does, we are in luck. I suspect it does. I am almost 100% convinced it does but I need visual confirmation before I can develop the project further. If someone can confirm with a quick video, it would be incredibly helpful.

Folks, if this works, we are looking at Quad SDI and trigger Rec with a simple board installed under the top handle (It will require a little sodering) and no IF BOX!? Just the camera body!? Yes... Can we have a Mini F35, with 50p 4444? Looks like we may.

Kudos to Viddovation who led the way.

Who is excited. I am.
    Any way we can help with this in another way? Still shopping for bodies, but this would save me a HUGE amount of money

C

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Holy hell! That's exciting!

Can't wait to see it in action. What recorders will support quad-SDI input and 50p 4:4:4?
    Quad 4? Well, you could use something that most of us own... an Odyssey 7Q/+ they have quad input. Look at the image.

Note: 444 12 bit isn't supported from the IF Box rear output. If you neeeeed 12 bit 444 50p.... look elsewhere or buy an extra IF box... IMO, true RGB out of the sensor in 10bit is a dream.

Sony F35 Quad 444 into Odyssey 7Q+.jpg

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gaal View Post
    Hi, great project! curious to know what microcontroler do you use? Arduino or pic32 as viddovation ? There was a car 101 on ebay, do you buy it?
    Don't know, I am paying someone and spending many testing hours on the phone to develop this. I have no clue how to code, and I have no interest in learning.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Archduk3 View Post
    Any way we can help with this in another way? Still shopping for bodies, but this would save me a HUGE amount of money

C
    Don't hold your breath. This could work or it could blow up... Still in the development phase and I don't want any dissapointments. I would suggest you always get a body with an IF Box whether this project takes off or not. At the price the cameras are selling these days, don't skimp on ANY accesories. Get it all. EVF, handles... all of it... Unless you are happy with ProResHQ 422, which again, is a dream. Think that the camera does all the internal processing for the codec. It's a magic downconversion. But yeah, I get it... we all want 4444444444444444

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by odshannon View Post
    This sounds amazing. I was looking at an old project I shot on the F35 and I'm always so pleased with its color rendition and image quality. Excited to see how this unfolds!
    Stop stalking the forum, buy an F35 and start shooting with it again. And share some projects you shot with it. We are always looking for more meat and less bread. Too much technical talk in the forum. Spread the ART!

10. Collapse Details
    Someone in this forum MUST own a CA box. Someone, help the group out. Come'n!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast