Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    This is the best thing I have seen in years on this forum. Please show us the other side....

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yachacha View Post
    This is the best thing I have seen in years on this forum. Please show us the other side....
    Hey thanks Evan. We have both been digging. You've been breaking it out and I've been breaking it in... hahaha.

3. Collapse Details
    Something else to think about. Since we can get Quad SDI, but we hate having 4 wires to the Odyssey... this may help put it all into 1x6G signal. If it works, we can internally install it in the F35, maybe by removing the top dock, and powering it from the dock. Re-route the wire to Genlock in or Test out and you have that output exclusively for 50P 444 on the camera body. No IF Box.

If you go crazy then you can do another re-route with the 3GM multiplexer for the dual, for 12bit 444 and send it to one of those outs.

It would mean, only the camera body is needed. We have:

1. 2 monitor outs straight out of camera
    2. 1 3G out for 444 12bit up to 29.97p
    3. 1 6G out for 444 10 bit up to 50p

I have to test it though, to confirm. Anyone has one of these crazy looking 12GM's? It may not support psf or 444, or... you know...

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 6.07.52 PM.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    The big question is if it will support the signal that is decided unique to the F35. You could ask AJA but I think the only sure way to know is to test.

Also, please note that the Odyssey7Q+ supports 6G-SDI but the original Odyssey7Q does not.
    Mitch Gross
    NYC

5. Collapse Details
    The big question is if it will support the signal that is decided unique to the F35. You could ask AJA but I think the only sure way to know is to test.

Also, please note that the Odyssey7Q+ supports 6G-SDI but the original Odyssey7Q does not.
    Mitch Gross
    NYC

6. Collapse Details
    Yes Mitch,

I checked the specs today for the 7Q and 7Q+ and indeed they are different. 6G is key for this mod to work.

I called AJA this evening. A gentleman by the name of Steve he offered to research see if they have a system that supports PFS, 444, 10bit. The 12G apparently does not, but he was confirming with his engineering team.

Thanks for guiding us through the process Mitch. All the input is necessary and much appreciated.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rbirnbaum View Post
    Yes Mitch,

I checked the specs today for the 7Q and 7Q+ and indeed they are different. 6G is key for this mod to work.

I called AJA this evening. A gentleman by the name of Steve he offered to research see if they have a system that supports PFS, 444, 10bit. The 12G apparently does not, but he was confirming with his engineering team.

Thanks for guiding us through the process Mitch. All the input is necessary and much appreciated.
    Following this quite closely now.

Would you say this is an easier mod than *just* buying a second IF box, gutting it, and fuse it with another IF box?

https://www.videocameramanuals.com/S...ownload/374045

Also after reading this, I guess that technically it doesn't say that you can NOT fuse the two images together (since it say it can be used with a IF box as well). However it doesn't really mention how....I bet you already looked at this, but my two cents

C
    Last edited by Archduk3; 10-19-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    IATSE Local 600 Western Region 1st Assistant Camera
    Associate Member of the S.O.C.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123