Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 MS Carbon Fiber Tripod on B&H Deal Zone
    $999.75 for two more hours. Too good to pass up.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...75_carbon.html

2. Collapse Details
    Saw that this morning and they were already sold out then(about 10:30a). But looks like they will still let you order at this price. I guess you just have to wait till they get more stock in to take delivery. But at sub-$1K, if you need a set of 75mm sticks, THESE are the ones to get(basing that on the 100mm).

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I just pulled the trigger and got it at this price. They are expecting more inventory in 7-14 days. I've been without these for years, so I can suck it up for a few more weeks.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Yeah, I just pulled the trigger and got it at this price. They are expecting more inventory in 7-14 days. I've been without these for years, so I can suck it up for a few more weeks.
    If I needed a 75mm set, I would have pulled the trigger, too.

5. Collapse Details
    I went ahead and ordered from the group buy instead.

The group buy is a bit more expensive if you get the sticks only, but I wanted the sachtler case as well and that's $200 by itself, so I went ahead and got the combo with the Ace Xl head through the group buy, which comes out to $1400 after tax, so for $400 more than the BH deal you get the sticks, the case, the mediocre ACE Xl head, and a free Sachtler Dr.3 bag.

I know that one day I'll regret not jumping on the 100mm deal in the group buy. I just can't justify that expense at the moment, but it's a great deal. More important than the added stiffness and weight support for my recent and ongoing work is the ability to make super fast height changes OMB.

Like Puredriting, I have the Miller solo Carbon sticks. Love em, but damn is it a PITA to make height adjustments.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I was thinking about going in for the group buy but I have so many heads and tripod cases that I don't use. Felt a little conflicted about it but this deal was a better fit for my needs.

I'm also coming from Miller Solo sticks (3-stage aluminum). They've been great, but I want to see how much faster I can compose a shot with these.

7. Collapse Details
    With the group buy and the B&H deal, seems like Vitec/Sachtler is trying to clear out some inventory. If you need new 75mm sticks, this is/was a good deal. But interesting that there's such a significant discount. Do you think there might be a Version 2 coming? Or maybe just new colorways (as the kids say)...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    With the group buy and the B&H deal, seems like Vitec/Sachtler is trying to clear out some inventory. If you need new 75mm sticks, this is/was a good deal. But interesting that there's such a significant discount. Do you think there might be a Version 2 coming? Or maybe just new colorways (as the kids say)...
    I was wondering the same thing. The 100mm is not just bigger, but has some meaningful improvements over the 75. I do wonder if they will eventually port those over to the 75 with a new version. The midspreader, for example is better for adjustments.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    I was thinking about going in for the group buy but I have so many heads and tripod cases that I don't use. Felt a little conflicted about it but this deal was a better fit for my needs.

I'm also coming from Miller Solo sticks (3-stage aluminum). They've been great, but I want to see how much faster I can compose a shot with these.
    In my case, I actually don't own a 75mm head. I have two very small 100 heads (O'Connor 515 and Cartoni Focus HD). Or, at least they are small FOR being 100mm heads. The O'Connor is actually a tank. Both are very smooth heads with completely continuous counterbalance all the way down to zero. However, I'm realizing that sometimes I just really need a lighweight setup that adjusts quickly, travels well, is comfortable on the shoulders when carrying (flowtechs are in a class of their own in this regard), and can support a lighter head.

10. Collapse Details
    I'm loathe to buy a set of sticks when I already have some, but y'all are enticing me...

If B&H does the same thing this year as last, all their Deals of the Day will live again during Mega Deal week at Black Friday or Christmas...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast