Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GoPro Hero 9 Black
    Just got to know from B&H GoPro has launched Hero 9 Black.

sensor: 23.6 MP
    5K 30fps, 24fps
    still: 20 MP
    bigger battery 1720 mAh battery.
    cost: 449.99 USD

Just wondering if there is a 25fps mode for PAL countries.

How many of you want to buy/upgrade?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I may buy it. Certainly will wait for real-world tests though to see what kinds of problems it has, most of which I'm concerned with overheating and random shut-offs / freezes.

The camera looks useful for some of the things I do. I like the bigger battery

3. Collapse Details
    I'm amazed that nobody has bought or taken over Go Pro yet or that they havent declared BK.

This camera just looks iterrative, the Chinese will still consume the action cam market.
    For a significant portion of users, no waterproof/even non-waterproof extended batteries
    have hinderd using the 7 and 8 at all, other than for personal shooting. The batteries
    die too quickly for many sports, action and nature situations.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I may buy it. Certainly will wait for real-world tests though to see what kinds of problems it has, most of which I'm concerned with overheating and random shut-offs / freezes.

The camera looks useful for some of the things I do. I like the bigger battery
    There was a "real world" review up on one of the usual sites a few hours ago, next to their more press release/tech spec oriented article, but it appears to have been pulled. I skimmed it, but didn't thoroughly read it or watch any of the video. But in typical fashion of most of these sites today, they beat-up on some aspects of it, even saying some of those aspects were better on the previous version, but still recommended buying it...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    There was a "real world" review up on one of the usual sites a few hours ago, next to their more press release/tech spec oriented article, but it appears to have been pulled. I skimmed it, but didn't thoroughly read it or watch any of the video. But in typical fashion of most of these sites today, they beat-up on some aspects of it, even saying some of those aspects were better on the previous version, but still recommended buying it...
    Thank you. Yes I read one hands on review earlier. And saw a few others. I meant I plan to wait until the consumers get hands on them in large numbers.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I'm amazed that nobody has bought or taken over Go Pro yet or that they havent declared BK. .
    that's a good question but on the other hand who would by a company that is is rumoured BK? And why? It's not a brand (name) like Hasselblad.

I don't see a reason from the specs why I would need it over a Hero7? I use it very rarely anyway
    Last edited by Clermond; 09-16-2020 at 01:44 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    I have a Hero 6 black. It failed at a key moment and I lost video. Only use it in very limited scenarios now...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    I have a Hero 6 black. It failed at a key moment and I lost video. Only use it in very limited scenarios now...
    Got outta the GoPro "business" several years ago. They were just such a hassle, especially because of the batteries. Then had a client two years ago that wanted to do a driving shoot that was heavily(mostly) three GoPro's with no one in the vehicle except talent. Rented three Hero 6 Black's and told them I was not responsible for failures, because they weren't reliable. (They) Got heavily burned by them failing. Luckily there was the audio and vehicle-to-vehicle stuff that we were shooting in the chase truck. Then (again) had a client wanting to do some in-car stuff, so I broke down and bought a Hero 7 Black. It actually performed well. But I still tell clients that I accept no responsibility for GoPro failures.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Got outta the GoPro "business" several years ago. They were just such a hassle, especially because of the batteries. Then had a client two years ago that wanted to do a driving shoot that was heavily(mostly) three GoPro's with no one in the vehicle except talent. Rented three Hero 6 Black's and told them I was not responsible for failures, because they weren't reliable. (They) Got heavily burned by them failing. Luckily there was the audio and vehicle-to-vehicle stuff that we were shooting in the chase truck. Then (again) had a client wanting to do some in-car stuff, so I broke down and bought a Hero 7 Black. It actually performed well. But I still tell clients that I accept no responsibility for GoPro failures.
    Is there a good alternative for the Gopro? (With better battery life).

10. Collapse Details
    The problem with the 6 I believe is battery related. As it gets down to a certain percentage only the audio writes and there is no video. It's all over GP forums but if you contact GP they deny it. If it happens when you're snowboarding it sucks but with a paying client you're SOL...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast