Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Thank you, guys. I'm checking with the coach to see if I can go ahead of time to do some testing with a camera and some lights. That weird color separation is neat but I better make sure they are ok with that for some shots
    What you said helps me better prepare and understand

2. Collapse Details
    I'm guessing it's a low budget affair and they'll need to live with what ever the conditions and the lights you get yield. I recently had a project where I got lights. My take away, I have far more respect for lighting. It's not easy. I have a fair amount of experience but as soon as you get out of you accustomed area of knowledge, you can quickly find things don't working as you would expect. Two issues that I encountered is mixed lighting temperature and ratio of lighting. Your lights might seem bright close up in a dark room, but throw on stadium lights and they will be dwarfed by the brightness and color temp.

I highly recommend if possible to go the location and run a test with the lights you have. No amount of discussion here will prepare you for what you will encounter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Yes thank you it's a low budget affair and they probably will be happy with various artistic choices. I just want to impress them because it will mean lot to the players.
    Plus it's a chance for me to do something different. But like you said Peter, the project is something I'm not accustomed to and there will be surprises.
    I'm reaching out to the coach to try to get out there before hand to do some testing and be better prepared

4. Collapse Details
    I'd like to attach a sparker to a bat and swing it with a streak of light/flame. Like a slow shutter streak effect. Any ideas on a starting point to accomplish this?

5. Collapse Details
    I checked it out and I think I will mostly go with camera set to 4200K and then light the talent with lights in the range of 3200-4200K. I experimented with different things and while I liked the seperation between talent annd background, the background field and dirt just looked too weird and nasty. So I think I'll play it safe and shoot most of the video like the first sentence. Plus if I leave camera at 4200K this means when we use the tungsten fixtures in some scenes I won't have to fiddle with changing settings as much. The talent will just look richer. I was surprised at how much throw just one Astra 6X had in coloring things.

I also managed to get a follow spot that can do different colors so I think I'm going to try to use it as a spot on the talent some and also behind the talent sometimes to give a rim light

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks again everyone for the help.
    Just wanted to share the video since you took the time to help.
    It was a low budget project and we had to shoot it fast so we skipped some of the things we wanted to do but the main thing is the girls had fun and loved it.
    https://youtu.be/rUtcztMTzC8
    Version with graphics.

Here is version without graphics that they liked better:
    https://youtu.be/JFN9PcQARwY

7. Collapse Details
    Hahaha that is adorable. Nice job!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Thanks again everyone for the help.
    Just wanted to share the video since you took the time to help.
    It was a low budget project and we had to shoot it fast so we skipped some of the things we wanted to do but the main thing is the girls had fun and loved it.
    https://youtu.be/rUtcztMTzC8
    Version with graphics.

Here is version without graphics that they liked better:
    https://youtu.be/JFN9PcQARwY
    Nice one firehawk.

9. Collapse Details
    Thank you ahalpert and rob!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123