Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah, you can always stack up multiple lower powered lights to create a multi-source source that is then as bright as a bigger light, just always a pain to do so and has various drawbacks. Still, an option.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post
    Nice van, rather big turquoise shelf with sound blankets ;o).
    Black shelves, turquoise air mattress on top for, uh, putting equipment on so the equipment is comfortable. Sound blankets, yeah, that's definitely what those are for, along with the sound pillows. ;-)
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 09-17-2020 at 12:20 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    And Charles, yeah, since I often work on small shoots the gaffer is just a general term for someone who handles anything lighting related, such as grip, electric, lighting, etc. Obviously bigger crews have more specific titles and roles.
    I get that. I worked for over a decade with crews that size. It is somewhat arbitrary what to call someone who is doing multiple types of jobs on a small crew. But it is important once you stretch out to bigger jobs to know who to go out to...a "professional" (i.e. one who works on larger shows, probably union) grip is going to have more useful information when it comes to flying rags than a gaffer.

Incidentally I showed the pics you just posted to my key grip and he said the setup looked fine, although "tying off to 20lb shotbags doesn't help that much" i.e. if there is a serious gust, that won't be enough to prevent a blowover. I see them tying off to carts loaded with sandbags in those situations.
    Charles Papert
    charlespapert.com

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Black shelves, turquoise air mattress on top for, uh, putting equipment on so the equipment is comfortable. Sound blankets, yeah, that's definitely what those are for, along with the sound pillows. ;-)
    For storing such a sensitive equipment, NASA developed foam based pressure absorbing material. Try some of Tempur toppers and see if equipment likes it ;o).

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post
    For storing such a sensitive equipment, NASA developed foam based pressure absorbing material. Try some of Tempur toppers and see if equipment likes it ;o).

Guess I'm old fashion.

My stuff generally rides in Pelican/Storm cases, or milk crates.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
    My stuff generally rides in Pelican/Storm cases, or milk crates.
    Yeah, the genius of pick and pluck is that you can create a topography that perfectly matches your body. My wife and I have his and hers Pelican 0550s in our room. I do have to get into a bit of a fetal position, though.

I'm not a big fan of milk crates, though. Sleeping in one feels like I'm in a crib.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345