Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JimS2 View Post
    Well he has a whole script written out of the answers to the questions, so as long as we stick to the script then I can translate all the answers myself from it.
    But... HOW?! You don’t speak Vietnamese. How would you know on which Vietnamese words to make your cuts? Because he probably won’t stick to the script verbatim, and chances are that you’re going to have to make some edits.

You have a thread on another forum titled “Do I tend to overthink things in filmmaking?”... and it is now at 28 pages. There’s your answer right there.

And this is another example. You want to put yourself into an impossible situation in order to try and avoid a difficult one? Dude... keep going in English, and if you need help understanding some things in post, bring him in. Or bring in the producer, who seems to know him well, to help clarify things.
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

2. Collapse Details
    He started this thread 1.5 months ago and the interview hasn't been filmed, edited or produced. Still planning?

3. Collapse Details
    Sorry for the confusion. We shot the interview now, I want to do more, but I am wondering if I should redo what was shot, in Vietnamese, along with the rest now.

And yes I would have to tell him to stick to the script verbatim, for it to work. But if that's too much, I will just keep going in English then.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JimS2 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. We shot the interview now, I want to do more, but I am wondering if I should redo what was shot, in Vietnamese, along with the rest now.
    No.
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456