Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    The Mix Pre 3 is great, I just really wish I hadn't bought mine a month before they released the v2.0 with 32-bit float (which, for half-deaf cameraman, is a MUCH safer proposition)!
    From my perspective the built in timecode generator and the auto copying to USB (to make for a kinda sort of "psuedo redundency") are two waaaaaaaaaaay more important features in the MixPre6 that Gen2 bought to it over Gen1, the 32bit is almost totally irrelevant to me personally (a mere gimmick even!).
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Gotta say, I cannibalized an old Cineroid viewfinder and attached the resulting loupe to my FS5's LCD over the weekend and it's improved its usability by about a million percent.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sewell View Post
    Gotta say, I cannibalized an old Cineroid viewfinder and attached the resulting loupe to my FS5's LCD over the weekend and it's improved its usability by about a million percent.
    I don't doubt it. I use one of these on mine: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ....html/overview

It was designed for the Blackmagic pocket and it's actually a bit too small (you lose a millimetre or so on either side). It weighs virtually nothing. Huge improvement over the EVF.

I only started using it cos I'm now in my 40s and my eyes can't focus close enough to use a naked LCD screen. It's such a great way to shoot though, I wish I'd given it a go years ago - all those wasted years!

4. Collapse Details
    Does the FE 24-240mm F3,5-6,3 OSS zoom lens working as power zoom on FX6 with zoom rocker like Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS zoom lens? Thanks! :-)
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

5. Collapse Details
    It seems that also the 24-105 doesn't work as power zoom. So what motorized zoom lenses /full frame) working with FX6 powerzoom feature?
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

6. Collapse Details
    Presumably anything from this new line:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...5mm_t_3_1.html

7. Collapse Details
    Sony has a 28-135mm f/4 power zoom lens too... it was the kit lens with the FS7 when it first came out and I believe is the current kit lens for the FX9.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    Sony has a 28-135mm f/4 power zoom lens too... it was the kit lens with the FS7 when it first came out and I believe is the current kit lens for the FX9.
    I used the 28-135mm a fair amount on my Fs5 and I wasn't wild about it. The range is much more useful on a full-frame sensor like the FX6's, but the zoom and focus actions weren't great (and were apparently improved for the 18-110). But the FX6's AF does make this a more tempting option...

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by drboffa View Post
    I used the 28-135mm a fair amount on my Fs5 and I wasn't wild about it. The range is much more useful on a full-frame sensor like the FX6's, but the zoom and focus actions weren't great (and were apparently improved for the 18-110). But the FX6's AF does make this a more tempting option...
    I got the 28-135 for my A7S3 recently to gain access to servo zoom, internal zoom (which seems to hold balance on the ronin-s from 28-100 before becoming slightly more back-heavy from 100-135, but the shift in balance is nowhere near as bad as with my 24-70), and OSS as well as a large zoom range.

The autofocus on the 28-135 does not seem to be as good as any of the other FE lenses I've bought (Sigma 24-70, Samyang 18/35/85, Tamron 70-180). I still need to conduct further tests, but it doesn't seem as responsive and snappy.

That being said, it can still accomplish a lot and is super useful. I recently shot b-roll of artworks and set the focus area on the leading edge of my tilts/pans. The lens handled the subtle shifts in distance admirably

I wish it went to 24mm but 28 is pretty usable. I wish you could crash zoom, but I needed slow, controlled zooms more than I needed crash zooms. All in all, I'm very pleased with it (especially for the price)

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post

I wish it went to 24mm but 28 is pretty usable. I wish you could crash zoom, but I needed slow, controlled zooms more than I needed crash zooms. All in all, I'm very pleased with it (especially for the price)
    For the price I think this lens is exceptional (even with the caveats I mentioned previously). I don't think there's anything even remotely comparable: parfocal (more or less), solid optical quality, servo zoom, with decent AF and much better manual control than most other Sony lenses (even if it's not perfect). I never owned it but I borrowed it for about a year from a friend and was sad to see it go.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast