Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Mannion View Post
    Anyone have any idea when Sony are likely to announce the specs?
    Yup. Nov. 17th.

2. Collapse Details
    Leaked image and possible specs for the FX6:

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/leak...unt-camcorder/

FX6-Sony.jpg

PXW-FX6 Specs:
    - 10.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Full Frame 4K-class Sensor with 15+ stop Dynamic Range
    - Full Frame 10bit 4:2:2 DCI 4K Up to 120fps
    - Dual Base ISO 800 & 12800
    - BIONZ XR Processor
    - 2ch Audio Input
    - SD Card / CF Express Type-A Card
    - S-log 3 & S-Cinetone
    - V-ND in body
    - High Speed 4D AF System
    - LCD Touch screen

Seems almost like it may be the same sensor as the A7SIII, but we'll know for sure on Nov. 17th

3. Collapse Details
    Looks solid for its place in the line up.

4. Collapse Details
    I wonder why so many brands are adding that little foot below the lens mount?

5. Collapse Details
    A7SIII with ND filters.

6. Collapse Details
    I have to say, after shooting with the FX9 for a month of four client projects, then reviewing the A7 SIII, I don't find much interesting about the FX6. I liked the FX9 and I am sure that the
    FX6 will be a great little camera but it just seems like it was created to hit a price point with no real innovation included but I guess we'll know for sure on Tuesday.

I think I will be reviewing it, I am on the list. Who knows, I expected to not be impressed by the Pocket 6K and kind of dug it, maybe the FX6 will be the same, not expecting to like it, but it turns out to be great? I did find the
    FX9, especially with the XDCA Extension unit to be a beast, too long and too heavy, perhaps the FX6 ends up being more C200-ish in size and weight?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

7. Collapse Details
    If there was a camera that shot footage that looked in-cam like an A7R3 or A7S3 but in a form factor like panasonic ux180 or sony fx9 or fs5 or fs700 with video cam features like ND , I'd buy it.
    I love the a7s3 a7s3/4 look but do not like a photo cam form factor

8. Collapse Details
    It's unfortunate that the FX6 doesn't contain the FX9 sensor (and a video camera apparently designed by the photography division, not the FX9/Venice one). There is a intangible quality that the FX9 image has, that is absent from the A7S3. Itís that magic sauce that might be missing from the FX6... I hope it isnít, but I seriously doubt the new camera would be on par of the FX9 (not just on color rendition and highlight roll off but also on things like motion rendering, a subtle aspect of any motion image that is rarely mentioned or tested).

9. Collapse Details
    Sounds like it'll be the video-centric A7Siii that I'd posited, I think it's going to be a very popular camera if so.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lexicon View Post
    It's unfortunate that the FX6 doesn't contain the FX9 sensor (and a video camera apparently designed by the photography division, not the FX9/Venice one). There is a intangible quality that the FX9 image has, that is absent from the A7S3. Itís that magic sauce that might be missing from the FX6... I hope it isnít, but I seriously doubt the new camera would be on par of the FX9 (not just on color rendition and highlight roll off but also on things like motion rendering, a subtle aspect of any motion image that is rarely mentioned or tested).
    The FX9 is higher supersampled with more noise

The A7s3 is lower res and lower noise floor

Both have around the same DR.

Coincidence?

Obviously the tonal mapping can be a big part of it all too.

The Fx6 with an A7s3 sensor does sound interesting. In particular if it offers raw out. Fx9 rolling shutter is not big deal, but could be faster. The Fx6 being small and light should benefit from a faster RS read. I guess weíll find out soon.

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast