Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Did you see "hot pixels" on the FX6 as the ISO gets up. No matter how good the overall image quietness is if it's blighted by pixel drop-out. It makes those high gain levels pretty useless unless you are prepared for a lot of post-work masking out the hot pixels. Something that Resolve can do but it is a workaround you shouldn't have to use.

Chris Young

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    Did you see "hot pixels" on the FX6 as the ISO gets up. No matter how good the overall image quietness is if it's blighted by pixel drop-out. It makes those high gain levels pretty useless unless you are prepared for a lot of post-work masking out the hot pixels. Something that Resolve can do but it is a workaround you shouldn't have to use.

Chris Young
    Did you mean at 14:52 - could it be just a one problem on that specific camera? Or is this a camera/sensor problem with high ISO. I was ready to pre- order in a day or so - but now I am holding back. I do not shoot in extremely high ISO - but one never knows what they might run into. Rather use 1.4 lens if available.

EDIT -Had this issue on FS100 but sent it in - they fixed it and never had the issue again -
    Last edited by LDV20; 11-26-2020 at 07:45 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Any camera at any time can have hot pixels.

I had a few right out of the box with a Blackmagic but the "Pixel Remapping" feature fixed them right away.

I had a really bad one with actually a Sony that had to be sent in. Presumably because the camera (a6400) didn't have a pixel remapping-like feature. Wonder if the FX6 does.

4. Collapse Details
    Does the FX6 have an "Execute APR" function like the FS7? The APR stands for Automatic Pixel Recovery. I guess the 6 and the 9 do have. Haven't checked that out yet.

Chris Young

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Any camera at any time can have hot pixels.

I had a few right out of the box with a Blackmagic but the "Pixel Remapping" feature fixed them right away.

I had a really bad one with actually a Sony that had to be sent in. Presumably because the camera (a6400) didn't have a pixel remapping-like feature. Wonder if the FX6 does.

Yes - it can happen. I have been lucky so far - only FS100 developed a hot pixel and the camera was pretty old by then.

6. Collapse Details
    Does the FX6 have an "Execute APR" function like the FS7? The APR stands for Automatic Pixel Recovery. I guess the 6 and the 9 do have. Haven't checked that out yet.

Chris Young
    Good point will check into that

7. Collapse Details

Chris Young
    Yes, it does. It's in the manual.

8. Collapse Details
    Who thinks an FX9II is a possibility?

I heard Alister mention in his Visual impact presentation for the FX6, that he went to a location with the FX9 recently and shot with Cooke Anamorphic lenses. I garuntee you that Anamorphic support is coming in a firmware update very soon. He was probably testing beta firmware and shooting content for an FX9 V3 reveal video of sorts. Having said that, I have a feeling that an FX9II, with more powerful processors, is probably on the horizon. One of the Sony reps in a video I saw said that they are planning on expanding the Cinema Line, and when asked about what sort of "expansions" we should expect, they basically said "we can't comment on that at this time." That spells FX9II to me, especially considering that the FX9 still has the old processing chips from the FS7. I am glad I held off on the FX9. I have preordered the FX6, and definitely plan on getting a would be FX9II if it comes out. If Sony is following the same pattern of release that they did with the FS7 (FS7 in Q4 2014 and FS7II in 2016) I think if an FX9II is in fact coming, we could maybe expect an announcement for it maybe in and around IBC 2021. But who knows, maybe we won't see one at all, but seeing as how the FX9 is limited by it's older processing chips, I have a sneaking feeling that an FX9II may be on the way.
    Last edited by Mountain Wolf Films; 11-27-2020 at 05:36 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Wolf Films View Post
    Who thinks an FX9II is a possibility? ...
    Post #163

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    A video of the FX6 vs the FX9 from an FX9 user's point of view. Also with downloadable clips from the FX6 and F9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsIlMcq7Wk8

Clips to download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2n4j7bqjd...dzqgZ9zKa?dl=0
    To his point about the top handle, I wonder if Sony will allow 3rd party attachments so that something like Wooden Caerm can provide XLR to the side and a more robust top handle? IDK. Probably not.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast