Thread: FX6 tease

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FX6 tease
    FX6 is teased.

No info.

FX means full frame?

--

Seems to me the new canons rumoured and this will be good being ultralight cameras with AF, audio in and ND and a >200mb codec, what more does one want?

2. Collapse Details
    But by the looks of it the lens mounted is the 18-110 lens which is not full frame which makes no sense as FX should be a full frame camera. Or they just had no other lens to showcase the FX6 with.

Edit: Now I see it's the 24-105/4 lens which is full frame! I'm corrected by myself.

3. Collapse Details
    Anyway it looks small and cool.

4. Collapse Details
    Here's to hoping they've just stuffed an A7Siii inside a video-orientated body (with at least one SDI output, and ideally the A7Siii's HDMI raw output). That would be one hell of a little camera, and using the 4k sensor would save it from treading too heavily on the toes of its 6k-sensored big brother.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Yep I was about to bring up how can it be any good and also not ruin the FX9

WHat will be locked out?

(Im sure that it would be a marketing rather than technical choice)

6. Collapse Details
    This thread has a pic.
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...a-Line-amp-FX6

Lets delete this thread

7. Collapse Details
    The real competition to the FX6 and FX9 I feel will be the new RED Komodo Camera at $6,000 It's about the same form factor as the FX6 and we all know how many clients swoon at the mention of using a RED.

I'm mainly doing dramatic narrative and still using my FS7 workhorse and have done over 3,000 takes with it. (I use the file naming system that increments the number up on each take and am up around "CYNTHIA 3127" or so). I hope that the FX6 does this too, and that the FX6 CODEC will be compatible with the FS7 and FX9 as a sort of crossover camera with 4K 60FPS, 4-2-2, and S-log 2 & S-Log 3 in addition to S-CineColor so it will work as a B-Camera to either FS7 or FX9.

It would be great if it had ProResRAW, but I feel Sony won't give that away for free, (Remember when they wouldn't pay Apple the tiny tiny fee to use the term "firewire" and insisted on calling it "IEEE1394" ugg).

So in owning a bunch of Sony G XQD Cards, I'm not crazy about the FX6 using different cards, just complicates things for me. I'm also not crazy about HDMI connectors for RAW and much prefer SDI as they're more robust and can do longer cable runs. I don't care about having the viewfinder that the FS5 had either, (better for gimbals).

So the FX6 will probably stop me from buying an A7SIII for gimbal work, but for the first time I'm seriously considering the RED Komodo. The RED accessories will probably double the price though, and I'd have to convert a full set of Xeen Primes over to PL Mount at about $350 per lens... either way I'm keeping my FS7 unless I move up to an FX9.
    I have (10) other e-Mount lenses not including the Xeens, and there's no way that I'll abandon e-Mount camera as it's the smartest mount design there is. Even the Sony Venice has an e-mount, (Note: must buy more lottery tickets, lol). The Komodo has a Canon ER mount, here we go again? Nope.

Just must brace myself for a ton more of "Wanted: DP with RED Camera" ads and pray that S-CineTone can compete. Sony would be nuts not to allow LUTS on the FX6...
    Last edited by Cynthia Webster; 09-05-2020 at 11:02 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    If you ask me Red days are a thing of the past. No one has asked for a Red in ages.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Webster View Post
    The real competition to the FX6 and FX9 I feel will be the new RED Komodo Camera at $6,000.
    My total guess is that the AF will be terrible and make the camera a non runner in 80% of the sony markey sector?

SUre a 'crew' camera shooting scripted might be cool run manually but AF is just proving a big time saver on gimbals, unmonitored Bcams and all sorts of modern horrors.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    ...all sorts of modern horrors.
    Lol. Isn't that the truth.
    Nate Haustein

PXW-FX9 / FCPX

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast