1. Collapse Details
    15mm Baseplates for Sony f35 need asap
    Hello everyone,

Still loving your f35 I hope. Can anyone please let me know any 15mm rod baseplates I can use with my f35 that I won’t have to drill holes into in order to make work. Thanks so much in advance.
    Favorite Cameras I own
    Sony F35 & Sony F3

Decent Cameras I own
    Arri Alexa Classic, Canon XH-A1 Dvx100b

These Cameras I own that almost did it for me BUT NOPE
    BMCC.2.5K AND FUJI XH1

These I own as a mad scientist and fanboy but will never shoot with again
    Red one MX, Red Epic, Ursa mini pro G2

My ultimate advice " Find a camera you love that way your signature won't be like mine"

2. Collapse Details
    This will probably be one of the cheaper options:
    https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-ba...lamp-1798.html
    You would probably have to use only two of the three 3/8"-16 threads in the bottom of the camera. But that would be secure enough.

Or use the 19mm rods base plate (if your camera came with it) with one 15mm clamp screwed to a 19mm clamp:
    https://www.amazon.com/CAMVATE-Dual-...979772&sr=8-19
    https://www.amazon.com/NICEYRIG-Rail...%2C206&sr=8-17

The second option will keep your camera more balanced and has the benefit of the dovetail, but is WAY heavier.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZan View Post
    This will probably be one of the cheaper options:
    https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-ba...lamp-1798.html
    You would probably have to use only two of the three 3/8"-16 threads in the bottom of the camera. But that would be secure enough.

Or use the 19mm rods base plate (if your camera came with it) with one 15mm clamp screwed to a 19mm clamp:
    https://www.amazon.com/CAMVATE-Dual-...979772&sr=8-19
    https://www.amazon.com/NICEYRIG-Rail...%2C206&sr=8-17

The second option will keep your camera more balanced and has the benefit of the dovetail, but is WAY heavier.
    wow you are a life saver man so the smallrig one am I adding that to the camera bottom without the riser plate? or with the riser plate? I assume without. Thanks!
    Favorite Cameras I own
    Sony F35 & Sony F3

Decent Cameras I own
    Arri Alexa Classic, Canon XH-A1 Dvx100b

These Cameras I own that almost did it for me BUT NOPE
    BMCC.2.5K AND FUJI XH1

These I own as a mad scientist and fanboy but will never shoot with again
    Red one MX, Red Epic, Ursa mini pro G2

My ultimate advice " Find a camera you love that way your signature won't be like mine"

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRECTORDEVIN View Post
    wow you are a life saver man so the smallrig one am I adding that to the camera bottom without the riser plate? or with the riser plate? I assume without. Thanks!
    Without the riser plate. I believe (but need to verify) that the riser plate's bottom threads are offset from the center of the lens. The threads in the bottom of the camera body are perfectly aligned with the center line of the lens though and are usable with 3rd party accessories. I don't have the camera on me right now but do check for yourself before you buy. You need the holes in line with the lens center for sure if you want to use the small rig baseplate. Also, check the spacing of the threads. I think you should be able to use two screws with that smallrig plate.

5. Collapse Details
    So if you want 15mm at correct height these suggestions will not work. 15mm lightweight distance is above the bottom of the camera. Look how tall your F35 is compared to a DSLR!

Zacuto VTC and Vocas VTC plate both have adjustable 15mm rods which will work with the F35 and no riser.

The F35 with Riser is 35mm film standard. You will not find cheap option for 19mm without drilling because any plate that will fit F35 is from Arricam film generation and is around $800 used for Arri 19mm sliding bridge plate.

That is why drilling camtree sliding bridge plate is so appealing. Camtree plate is made for red one so it has no offset holes but it does have 15mm and 19mm at the correct height. I have bought 2 of these camtrees for $50 each. Even if you spend $200 to go to CNC place and had them do it professionally. Friend with drill press? It’s pretty easy because you don’t have to make perfect holes you can make slot to slide screws around in. It’s just no one like small rig is going to make 19mm plate with the film offset anymore.

Personally the original Zacuto VTC is my perfect handheld base. Vocas is harder to find but other have praised them too.

If you don’t care about correct rod height it becomes A lot easier then get whatever Rayzen suggests.

6. Collapse Details
    The Bright Tangerine QR Studio baseplate would be my suggestion. The Quick-Release function is brilliant, and the baseplate has BOTH Arri and Red standard spacing (so you can use it on all of your cameras, the Reds, the Alexa and the F35) it's a true buy-once-cry-once part.

They have a 15mm studio version and a 19mm studio versions.

If you want 15mm LWS rods, you can simply add a 19mm-15mm LWS riser that will mount off the rods in the studio baseplate. Personally, I find 19mm studio rods SO much easier to work with (since they give you more room around the lens to adjust follow focuses, FIZ motors etc. that I'd just stick with 19mm personally.

7. Collapse Details
    If you're looking for a Zacuto VCT, I have a lightly used one that I could sell to you. Both the base plate with shoulder mount and the tripod plate. The quick release mechanism is a pleasure to use. You mount the camera on a tripod literally in one second. But, for me it is still heavy. The F35 is so heavy and so high to start with, I had to make everything else attached to it as light and low as possible. I don't use matte boxes. So the standard height of the rods are not an issue for me. I only use the rods to support the lens and for the follow focus. I bought a 1/4" thick Aluminum sheet, drilled and tapped the necessary holes to attach the camera, a euro plate in the bottom and a simple 15mm rod clamp in front (not below) the camera, very much like Red cameras. And that's it. The camera is as low as it could possibly be and that means I don't have to use a super heavy duty tripod head: Less torque to deal with.