Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I forgot
    17) The place where you find the tally light on the back of the camera is now a confusing power light-- emitting a red light (only). I call it an idiot light because only an idiot would need it.... if you can't tell when the camera is on (your screen being lit up is my dead giveaway) then that light is your savior.
    This power light, where people would think it would be a tally light, should of never been the color red. Perhaps blue or orange. But why no tally light on the rear of your camera? too expensive to put in a multi-color bulb, Panasonic?

I will be posting some samples output images, hopefully soon.

Davedv regarding 13)--- I looked in the owner's manual and never read anything about direct connection.
    6) the older models (from what I can tell the AC130/160 was the last time) had locking system that would go where the battery would go and be unlocked just like batteries. I wonder if the old DC connector would work in it.
    AC160a, AC130a, BMD HyperDeck mini, PPro5.5 on custom build PC
    retired: JVC HM700U, Panny HMC80, Panny DVC30 (and all other taped based cameras SVHS and Beta), NanoFlash

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ELN614 View Post
    Davedv regarding 13)--- I looked in the owner's manual and never read anything about direct connection.
    6) the older models (from what I can tell the AC130/160 was the last time) had locking system that would go where the battery would go and be unlocked just like batteries. I wonder if the old DC connector would work in it.
    6) You could probably use a dummy battery which locks into the camera on the CX10, if you wanted to go that route. The physical specs and contact locations are the same for the newer Panasonic camcorder batteries as for the VW-VBD batteries used on the PX270 and a few earlier models. So I'm guessing a dummy battery like this might work:
    https://www.swit.cc/index.php?c=article&id=548

That dummy battery has a regular DC barrel style connector at the power adapter end, but that could be replaced with a locking XLR or locking DC connector, if necessary.

Personally, I prefer having a regular battery in the camera with a separate AC to DC power adapter to the dummy battery approach. That way if the power to the adapter is lost (for example, it is plugged into a power strip that gets turned off, extension cord that gets unplugged, or AC outlet that loses power), the camera will keep running on the internal battery until the AC power adapter issue can be resolved.

13) The CX10 manual does describes a direct wi-fi connection option, although as I mentioned, this section of the manual is not the most clearly written so it's easy to miss it. Also judging from the manual, the network connection settings are largely the same as on the CX350 which also supports direct connection in addition to connecting to an access point.

3. Collapse Details
    here is a rough comparison. I did it quick and dirty. I didn't setup the cameras side by side.
    https://youtu.be/lJA--dcJP5g

both cameras were set to auto (auto exposure, iris, white balance, etc...) no special color setup (ie CINE D, etc..)
    AC160a, AC130a, BMD HyperDeck mini, PPro5.5 on custom build PC
    retired: JVC HM700U, Panny HMC80, Panny DVC30 (and all other taped based cameras SVHS and Beta), NanoFlash

4. Collapse Details
    Why is it good to use a resolution of 720?
    you can fixed the DC cable here:
    x1.jpg

5. Collapse Details
    here is a rough comparison. I did it quick and dirty. I didn't setup the cameras side by side.

both cameras were set to auto (auto exposure, iris, white balance, etc...) no special color setup (ie CINE D, etc..)
    I guess a CX10-family camera is not for you, and I thought you'd already returned it actually. A quick search on YouTube and Vimeo will return a large number of impressive examples from this camera. These include clips of zoom focussing (of wildlife and landscape), and even some reasonable examples of low light shots, given the small sensor size.

Best Regards

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Why are you shooting AVCHD or even 1080P on a camera engineered/optimized for UHD ? You will get better results by shooting UHD and downscaling in your NLE if you want lower resolution. Currently you are testing the downscaling in camera.

8. Collapse Details
    I use a CX350 and EVA1 for the bulk of my shooting, but there are subjects and situations when it would be helpful to have a small camera with even deeper DOF than the CX350. The footage I've seen online from the CX10 looks very good considering the sensor size, and it shares much of the other technology (menus, codecs, batteries) with the CX350 that I've invested in learning. I wouldn't expect it to be a low light monster but the bulk of my applications for it are actually in daylight conditions (sports, aviation, etc.) where this would be a minor issue. I'm strongly considering the CX10 and note that other reviewers haven't had the kinds of problems with it that ELN614 reports. Shooting at 1080p using the AVCHD codec would not be my preferred way to test it.

- Greg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12