Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How is the S1H holding up for you?
    Now that it has been a year since the camera has been released, I am wondering what everyones verdict on the camera was? Currently running with a P4K and looking to upgrade to a 6k/S1H.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by evan_p View Post
    Now that it has been a year since the camera has been released, I am wondering what everyones verdict on the camera was? Currently running with a P4K and looking to upgrade to a 6k/S1H.
    It's a fantastic camera with features and performance that dwarf anything else in its class. No buyer's remorse here. I took it on a cruise last February before the pandemic hit and have already sold enough stock footage JUST from that trip only six months ago to pay for 2/3 of the cost of the camera. I never could have gotten away with what I was shooting if I didn't look like I was shooting stills.
    Here's the review I produced last winter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I like the S1h biut might buy sony... You should prob do a A7s3 guide. as I think there will be demand

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by evan_p View Post
    Now that it has been a year since the camera has been released, I am wondering what everyone's verdict on the camera was? Currently running with a P4K and looking to upgrade to a 6k/S1H.
    It has exceeded my original expectations.

From a bunch of corporate work, to weddings and a little documentary work, it has handled them all with ease.

P1099301.00_01_27_10.Still001.jpg

Outro B.00_00_36_11.Still001.jpg

Lucky Guy.00_03_53_03.Still002.jpg

5. Collapse Details
    Love it,

Easy packing, all features I need. The video and audio quality match, and exceed my past FS7's.

6. Collapse Details
    I've really enjoyed the camera more so than any other camera I've owned like c100, a7sii, fs5. I've had to adapt my style of shooting away from tripods and cameras like the fs5 to freehand (on an easy rig) and the IBIS has really impressed me so much that I hardly ever use a tripod.The colors and low light performance have been amazing. I shoot weddings. I just wish there were more native Panasonic lenses. I do have to say I am a bit jealous of the A7Siii full frame 60P and would love for Panasonic to put that internal fan to work on some full frame 60P or more. Love the 6K for personal stuff but rarely use it on my wedding gigs. I have not shot much pro res raw as that was something I was glad to escape from on the fs5, too much data for me, 1TB/ Wedding was killing me. I'm looking forward to the AF upgrade coming soon but as I mentioned, I'm really hopeful that Panasonic gives us full frame 60P especially now that the much affordable S5 ticks so many boxes the S1H does for a lot less. Fingers crossed.

7. Collapse Details
    I love my S1H and am in the process of phasing out of all my super35 cameras. Ironically, I used the S1H last week while I was on vacation to shoot this quick promo video for my Sony Z750 field guide.
    The Z750 + S1H is the perfect combination for me at this time. Between the two cameras I can cover anything that comes up.

https://youtu.be/0Yj4BBYxW6U
    Last edited by Doug Jensen; 09-23-2020 at 09:48 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Sold my EVA1 and bought a second S1H body. It's nice having two matched cameras and the form factor is better for the way our shoots have changed. That being said, if we someday see an EVA2 that is FF, L-mount, I'll buy that in a heartbeat.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    I love my S1H. Does everything that I need. From Docs, music videos and photo shoots.

10. Collapse Details
    I bought a second one

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast