Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FS7 accessory questions
    Hi all. New (and very late) to picking up an FS7. I just had a few questions about accessories.

Can anyone recommend a decent budget shoulder pad that balances the camera well? I've heard the stock shoulder pad isn't too great. I plan on shooting with a Sony 18-105, Canon 24-105, Canon 17-55, Canon 55-200 and Rokinon 35mm.

Does anyone know if CFAST cards will work with the FS7?: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...xpress.html/qa

I plan to run n' gun with a very minimalist set-up, so if anyone else can recommend other vital accessories for this type of set-up I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Link is CFexpress, not CFast - and no.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Link is CFexpress, not CFast - and no.
    Oh, OK. The description on BH website says:

"The card is backward compatible with select XQD cameras that adopt firmware enabling CFexpress. The CFexpress Card Type B bridges existing devices with the future of technology." I guess Sony hasn't adopted...

4. Collapse Details
    It's true, but it would be up to Sony to decide if they would like to make less money overall and allow it, vs. being the only ones making XQD cards and taking 99% most of that profit.

Although at this point, it wouldn't hurt them.

5. Collapse Details
    P.S. Is there any reason you're asking? Because they are pretty much the same price.

(I'm assuming you'd like to future-proof your investment.)

6. Collapse Details
    Just curious.

7. Collapse Details
    small rig shoulder pad is great, adjustable back and forth and inexpensive. It couples with a traditional Sony VCT-14 plate to get on your tripod and has a quick release to get on and off tripod. However you should buy the VCT-14 plate from small rig also as the tolerances are a little different for their pad to a regular Sony plate. It will fit better. Sony plate works - kind of - but is not fun and doesn't inspire confidence about how secure it is.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    small rig shoulder pad is great, adjustable back and forth and inexpensive. It couples with a traditional Sony VCT-14 plate to get on your tripod and has a quick release to get on and off tripod. However you should buy the VCT-14 plate from small rig also as the tolerances are a little different for their pad to a regular Sony plate. It will fit better. Sony plate works - kind of - but is not fun and doesn't inspire confidence about how secure it is.
    OK thanks. How does the smallrig compare with the OEM Sony pad, if you have used both?

9. Collapse Details
    Haven't used the Sony . The only thing I don't like is that the pad is not bigger on one side than the other to accomadate the shoulder slope. I thought they were going to make a new pad but so far they haven't. Otherwise great and easy to adjust

10. Collapse Details
    K, thanks. I have pretty broad, straight shoulders so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast