Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    "Now, listen, folks. I dunno who any of ya are but try to sit still and look as uncomfortable as you can. Thanks for your cooperation".

Attachment 141890
    On a lighter note: I'm a new unknown guy in a new town. When the bars were open and with Covid and being the new guy, whenever I went to the bar to get another beer, everyone (10 people?) would stop talking basically until I sat back down. Alone again. It has gotten better. I mentioned it to the waitress when we were outside having a smoke and she explains "It's a small town. People don't know you. They don't know if your a cop or not." Yeah, I'm a 61 yr old drunken cop with rotten teeth. That's a hell of a cover. <- Scarcasm.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    These photos won't matter to anyone who isn't American, but they brought me to tears...

Abraham Lincoln (my namesake) watches over his sleeping guardsmen

Attachment 142006
    Erin Schaff

As does the statue of Freedom...

Attachment 142007
    Erin Schaff

And Washington...

Attachment 142008
    Joshua Roberts

And in the rotunda...

Attachment 142009

"Shattered glass remains on the entrance door to the House chambers"

Attachment 142010
    Erin Schaff

O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave...
    Insane that it has come to that. As I came into DC last night, they were already blocking off exit ramps off the beltway near the Capital and placing concrete barricades. And as I was leaving this evening electronic traffic billboards basically said do not come to DC on Inauguration Day(I believe the exact wording was closer to ‘avoid travel to DC Jan. 20th’).

3. Collapse Details
    These photos won't matter to anyone who isn't American, but they brought me to tears...
    They are powerful photos and they do matter to non-Americans.

As I was typing this the following arrived in my inbox from the Press Gazette
    https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/inter...se-of-reality/
    Not only was it all an attack on a well run democratic election but also an attack in a free press.

The last time we saw election shenanigans like Trump has been causing it was Belarus and Nigeria.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord.T View Post
    . They don't know if your a cop or not." Yeah, I'm a 61 yr old drunken cop with rotten teeth. That's a hell of a cover. <- Scarcasm.
    If you look into the old films there are a lot of old, broken down, functioning alcoholic cops. You fit right in the stereotype :-)

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMedia View Post
    If you look into the old films there are a lot of old, broken down, functioning alcoholic cops. You fit right in the stereotype :-)
    That made me laugh out loud. That is funny. Made my day. Good one.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

6. Collapse Details
    I dont have attribution on this one

Screenshot_20210118-113625_Chrome.jpg

7. Collapse Details

Abraham Lincoln (my namesake) watches over his sleeping guardsmen

Attachment 142006...

8. Collapse Details
    I think it's crap that they moved them to a parking garage. Supposedly they got moved back to the Capitol after lawmakers complained. Anyway they're coming home now

9. Collapse Details
    I think it's crap that they moved them to a parking garage. Supposedly they got moved back to the Capitol after lawmakers complained. Anyway they're coming home now
    The article I read earlier said that a Capital Police officer is the one that told them they had to vacate, but the Capital Police chief did not give the order and supposedly neither did anyone else in the Capital Police chain of command, insinuating that this officer took it upon himself to ‘tell them to leave’. And yes, there were some lawmakers that were/are very upset over that and the way the National Guard soldiers were treated, in-general.

Also, there are now a lot of National Guard soldiers infected with COVID-19 and many others having to quarantine, because of close contact with those diagnosed.

10. Collapse Details
    A hard floor is the same no matter where it is. It the parking garage was as warm, dry, and had no drafts though it, from personal experience, I can't see it matters where they are. I doubt they had any interest in the art on the walls. Also in the car park you are not going to he worried about damaging any priceless artefacts.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast