Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Convergent Design officially discontinues Odyssey / Apollo recorders
    Some of you may have received the official email, and judging by their Facebook posts it looks like they've pivoted to audio recorders?:

Dear Valued Dealers and Customer,

After careful consideration, Convergent Design has decided to discontinue the manufacture of its Odyssey 7Q+ and Apollo video recorders (Part numbers include: (CD-Odyssey7Q+, 100-10003-100 and CD-Apollo, 100-100025-100). The standard warranty terms will be honored for all units shipped to date and any units still in the dealer channels waiting to be sold.

All popular software options and software rentals will continue to be sold. Such options as Odyssey Raw Bundle, and the Apollo Option.

SSD sales of 512GB Samsung 860 Pro and 1TB Samsung Pro will continue to be sold.

The discontinuance of the product line is in keeping with our practice of rationalizing low demand products and replacing them with new products with improved design and functionality.

We appreciate and value your partnership. While we regret any inconvenience, this announcement may cause we believe it is in the best interest for everyone.

Please contact your Convergent Design sales representative for a complete list of supported and discontinued accessories or for any other questions.

Sincerely,

Convergent Design

Cinematographer, Editor
    FS700
    / A6300 / GoPro Hero 6
    Documentary
    / Filmmaking / Corporate video

2. Collapse Details
    oof. end of an era.

3. Collapse Details
    Not really a happy customer to be honest. They promised an update that will remove the requirement of needing two SSD's to record 60FPS raw but never delivered. My odyssey 7q still has the interlacing glitch when shooting progressive that is very annoying. Opened a ticket and they didn't know how to fix it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFILMZ View Post
    Not really a happy customer to be honest. They promised an update that will remove the requirement of needing two SSD's to record 60FPS raw but never delivered. My odyssey 7q still has the interlacing glitch when shooting progressive that is very annoying. Opened a ticket and they didn't know how to fix it.
    I thought you swapped the A and B cables with the Alexa and it fixed it?

5. Collapse Details
    Did they ever even fix the latest firmware issue of audio not playing on playback of 4K files in the Odyssey?

Cinematographer, Editor
    FS700
    / A6300 / GoPro Hero 6
    Documentary

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I thought you swapped the A and B cables with the Alexa and it fixed it?
    Nope. It came back. I wish Atomos would work on a monitor that would let arri raw recording.

7. Collapse Details
    No - I asked them awhile ago - said they could not figure out the problem. I must say I was a big supporter of them - but to me they have failed in the support of their equipment I wish I had gone with Atomos offering for FS700.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Same. At work we have the Shogun Inferno, and once it got the Prores RAW function I started questioning my personal Odyssey 7Q+'s future-proofing.

Cinematographer, Editor
    FS700
    / A6300 / GoPro Hero 6
    Documentary

9. Collapse Details
    Well...shouldn't come as a surprise, the writing has been on the wall for a number of years now. Hope mine keeps chugging along!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdyearff View Post
    Well...shouldn't come as a surprise, the writing has been on the wall for a number of years now. Hope mine keeps chugging along!
    This I where I find issue. They pretty much stopped updating a couple of years ago I believe, and have been very vague about future updates and adding features. It did feel like they discontinued the product a while ago without saying. If I knew at the time I would have spent my money on Atomos. Don't think I would be purchasing anything from them in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast