Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Is it annoying at all having the battery stick out that far? How careful do you have to be about stressing the mount?

I only use BP-A30s on my c200 and the battery is flush with the back so I can press it into my chest without worrying.
    I've used mainly the BP-A60 for three years now on the C200 without any issues. That photo really does exaggerate how far it sticks out. I use it as a point of contact when shooting cradled,
    it works fine. The mount is rock solid, have never had an issue with breaking the tabs or anything. At least on the C200 and 300 MKII, the BP-A60 is a non-issue.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I've used mainly the BP-A60 for three years now on the C200 without any issues. That photo really does exaggerate how far it sticks out. I use it as a point of contact when shooting cradled,
    it works fine. The mount is rock solid, have never had an issue with breaking the tabs or anything. At least on the C200 and 300 MKII, the BP-A60 is a non-issue.
    Every time I'm tempted to go down the core nano c-98/extra monitor path I keep reminding myself how much I enjoy going with a bare bones set up.

3. Collapse Details
    Are you careful around the battery or can you use it as a solid point of contact?
    Iím not carefully but I donít use it often as contact point either.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys, loads of great recommendations. With the chargers, between the original one the camera came with and the Kastar one, I should be good for overnight charging. Does anyone know if there is a sun hood available for the monitor the C300III comes with? I think that could be very useful when filming outside.

5. Collapse Details
    The Jason Cases fitted pelicans are really nice to have. Fitted cases take a lot of wear and tear off of the C300s.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Thanks guys, loads of great recommendations. With the chargers, between the original one the camera came with and the Kastar one, I should be good for overnight charging. Does anyone know if there is a sun hood available for the monitor the C300III comes with? I think that could be very useful when filming outside.
    I have the Hoodman HC300 on order. If you wait for 2 days I can tell you more.

7. Collapse Details
    Speaking of essentials, I asked wooden camera about a direct attachment gold mount battery plate, referencing this v-mount plate.

Their reply was "...we are certainly working on one. We do not have a release date at the moment..."

As someone who has not yet invested in larger batteries, I think a low footprint, direct gold mount makes the gold mount the front runner again despite stiff competition from the explosion of mini v-locks.

I know it's easy enough to buy hardware to give a gold mount but I would definitely rather not use rods and go with the smallest set up possible. RED has done so well with this compact philosophy and I think it'd be a shame if we can't take full advantage of the new c-series when in "ball mode".

If the extension unit is required then I can live with a v-gold adapter because size is more of a given at that point.
    Last edited by rob norton; 08-06-2020 at 05:10 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Clermond, let me know how that works out. Love to know how well it works in bright sunlight. Cheers.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Clermond View Post
    I have the Hoodman HC300 on order. If you wait for 2 days I can tell you more.
    I use the Hoodman H400 on my C200 LCD and it kind of fits although it crops off the edges a tiny bit. But I think the LCD on the C500 MKII/C300 MKIII is a touch larger?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

10. Collapse Details
    Speaking of essentials, I asked wooden camera about a direct attachment gold mount battery plate, referencing this v-mount plate.

Their reply was "...we are certainly working on one. We do not have a release date at the moment..."

As someone who has not yet invested in larger batteries, I think a low footprint, direct gold mount makes the gold mount the front runner again despite stiff competition from the explosion of mini v-locks.

I know it's easy enough to buy hardware to give a gold mount but I would definitely rather not use rods and go with the smallest set up possible. RED has done so well with this compact philosophy and I think it'd be a shame if we can't take full advantage of the new c-series when in "ball mode".

If the extension unit is required then I can live with a v-gold adapter because size is more of a given at that point.
    Aren't the extension/add-on units available in Gold and V?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast