Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks. So how does that work then with the BenQ? You still have to calibrate it somehow for it to be accurate, even if it's a decent monitor.

2. Collapse Details
    I've heard the factory calibration is very good. Maybe Jack can chime in? At some point I guess I will have to pick up a calibration tool. In any case I'm not doing high end work with it...

3. Collapse Details
    Ah I see. From what I understand other than something like a Flanders (and maybe Im wrong here) that is out of the box calibrated/accurate, any monitor needs to be calibrated either by a probe or some other fancy way. That said, perhaps the factory setting IS very good and perhaps that level of good is “good enough” depending on one’s purposes.

4. Collapse Details
    I think some of the rental sites have spectrometers for rent.

5. Collapse Details
    Ah. Did not know that.

6. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    When you guys are talking about this youre talking about outputting to an external via a blackmagic box or something similar right? Im in the unfortunate position of being neurotic about wanting to have accurate color monitoring but only ever doing an occasional unpaid project where I do any real “grading”, and therefore cant justify the expense of a real setup. Sounds like the profile you use in Davinci would be sent out (via blackmagic box etc) to the external monitor then?

The Colormunkis look like they’re around $150 unless I’m missing something?
    BMD finally made it where you can monitor on just a computer monitor as a second screen. It’s probably not as color managed as Well as when you go out via black magic box, but then again you have to make sure the monitor you’re going out to is calibrated.

There’s a few options within Davinci to use the profiles created by Display cal and other hardware specific calibrators and colorimeters.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I have an Ultrastudio minimonitor, HDMI and SDI out. When you say BM finally made it so you could use a comp monitor as second screen, I assumed these devices would feed anything with a compatible input? Was that not always the case?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley View Post
    BMD finally made it where you can monitor on just a computer monitor as a second screen. It’s probably not as color managed as Well as when you go out via black magic box, but then again you have to make sure the monitor you’re going out to is calibrated.

There’s a few options within Davinci to use the profiles created by Display cal and other hardware specific calibrators and colorimeters.
    Yeah, I think this is similar to the color management option that was introduced in Premiere Pro recently...

9. Collapse Details
    Oh I see. Those profile options are new? Im still on v14 cause of OS limitations. Been putting off upgrading forever.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    Oh I see. Those profile options are new? Im still on v14 cause of OS limitations. Been putting off upgrading forever.
    I think they were introduced in 2018 or 2019 so you may have them and not know it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast