Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    They made full screen monitoring on a second monitor possible without using a video outbox. You could drag the viewer window over and drag the window to full screen with the time code and play head and everything, but no ability to just have the image running on the 2nd monitor. And when you drag the viewer window over to the second monitor you couldn’t maintain the same window layout in the 1st monitor.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

2. Collapse Details
    Gotcha. But if you do that arent you still running through your computer’s color profile in addition to the profile on the external monitor? Or youre saying the Displaycal profile counteracts all that stuff to give you an accurate view? So the profile wouldnt be necessary if you’re using a BM box; you’d simply calibrate the external monitor?
    Last edited by Josh Bass; 08-04-2020 at 04:03 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    I kind of had a brain freeze on all of this. I bought the new Benq monitor assuming I could rely on my system's color profiles being accurate. I was wrong as the rec 709 coming out of the Imac is a poorly executed compared to the BM box. Since the BM monitor down rezes everything to HD there's no reason to have a 2.5k monitor, so I'll prob keep my HP and return the Benq. Adorama rents the "pro" calibration device for the Dreamcolor for $14 a day so maybe I'll give that a try...

4. Collapse Details
    Yes it is confusing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123