1. Collapse Details
    Video on demand software - payment systems
    I'm in the UK, but I've a project being discussed where because of Covid, we are going to make some children's theatre shows and charge people to watch them. So ideally a Youtube-esque service where they can perhaps watch a free trailer but then stream the programme after paying (Paypal/credit card)

I assumed there would be something already popular for this but I cannot find something that does what we want which mainly prevents people sharing passwords or cheating.

Any ideas of an off the shelf system?

2. Collapse Details
    Try Vimeo they let you have pay per view. Though Vimeo is a chargeable service. https://vimeo.com/upgrade

There is no free lunch for this sort of thing.

3. Collapse Details
    Paul, you can do pay per view streaming using zoom and eventbrite to handle ticket sales which prevents sharing because everyone gets a unique link. I’ve only used it for scheduled live-streams but pretty sure it works with pre recorded content as well.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubicixfactor View Post
    Paul, you can do pay per view streaming using zoom and eventbrite to handle ticket sales which prevents sharing because everyone gets a unique link. I’ve only used it for scheduled live-streams but pretty sure it works with pre recorded content as well.

I wouldn't use Zoom They are legendary for being insecure and selling their users data.
    WebEx and GoToMeeting have a couple of decades of a solid proven track record