1. Collapse Details
    AJA KONA 3 - Compatibility
    Any Success with Installation of AJA Kona 3?

I read most of you use this card. I purchased one dirt cheap, $10 Canadian, I think its like $4 American Rubles.

Well you as usual, anything I bought the F35 has worked but not before I a couple of nights of monitor staring and lots of coffee. This card is no different. Now I'm just trying to find out if my cheap card is either broken or im not doing something right. Here is what is happening.

Windows 10 - Card shows on Device Manager but drivers are telling me cannot find hardware.

Windows 7 - installs driver fine, but no capture software sees the card.

OSX Mojave - put in and out the card won't even tickle. ( dirty thoughts apart).

Anyone?

And yes i read everything online already........twice.
    Last edited by keisersoze; 07-29-2020 at 09:55 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I own the card and have been using it and its breakout box for over a year. I had to make a sacrifice and leave my mac pro on Yosemite OSX as thats the last Mac OS it will work on.

Have you downloaded the proper legacy drivers from this webpage? I dont have any Windows experience using the card so I can't help there. I believe it worked on both platforms but was tailored toward Final Cut Pro 7. I capture using AJA's capture program that comes with the drivers.

https://www.aja.com/support/legacy/kona-3

I can say from my experience using its dual link capture back when I had the F23 that it works beautifully once set up. Good luck!
    Cameras
    Sony HDW-F900R Cinealta Cinema ENG Camera
    Sony HVR-Z1u HDV Camera

LENSES
    CANON HJ21x7.5 T2.1 HD-EC CINE ZOOM LENS (Keslow Modified)
    Zeiss Digizoom 6-24mm T1.9 Cinema Lens

Recorders
    AJA Kona 3 PCIe 4:4:4 Dual Link Card W/ Breakout Box
    Panasonic AJ-HD1400 DVCPRO HD VTR

Accessories
    SmallHD Focus SDI OLED Monitor
    Astro DM-3000 HD-SDI Monitor
    Astro DM-3005 HD-SDI Monitor
    Benro Fluid Head Tripod
    Chrosziel MB 450-01 & CLWAH-F4,5 Matte Box

3. Collapse Details
    Yes i saw the page warning about max OSX version is Yosemite. I just thought someone worked out some special kext for support above that version. Im on Mojave now going back to Yosemite sucks but i guess i will have to do it, at least to confirm the Kona3 is working. After that i guess i will do a dual boot Yosemite/Mojave, and use Yosemite for capturing the footage. Sucks cause i wanted to use Konas External Monitor feature on Baselight. Thanks.