Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ade4all View Post
    Is a fantastic camera but 30 minute limit
    Hmm well he mentions external recording so maybe he could get around it that way

2. Collapse Details
    True, in which case we may have a winner if not pedantic and allow 420 10 bit internal, 422 10 bit external
    C100 is a good call but 8 bit even external
    Last edited by ade4all; 07-31-2020 at 08:26 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    BMPCC4k for $995 but with that or the XT3 you're adapting your EF lenses, AF is not going to be great. Go with another BMPCC6k or make do.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    BMPCC4k for $995 but with that or the XT3 you're adapting your EF lenses, AF is not going to be great. Go with another BMPCC6k or make do.
    He could buy 1-2 Fuji lenses with thr XT3 and still stay under budget
    Last edited by ahalpert; 08-01-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    www.AbeHalpert.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    The UMP 4k is $3k. But its low-light performance is surely worse than the P6K. But it has some of the other advantages you asked for. Just a last thought https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...al_cinema.html
    Thanks, Alpert.
    A worthy contender, I'll consider it.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Your demands are not simply met or we would all have that camera.

As per my first post I think a used cine camera is your closest - be that c300ii c200 fs7 whatever. The pros and cons of each is well debated - probably summarised as manual focus eva1 AF a canon
    Thanks, Morgan.
    None of those cameras is in my price range.

Aside from another BMPCC6k there is one camera from outside the family overlooked that is a nearly perfect match, and the color science is far closer than Sony color, a bargain that comes with everything, it's not going to be mentioned, drumroll please, eva1. Takes the same lenses, same sensor format, dual native iso, shoots 5.7k raw, has great codecs, decent battery life, electronic stabilization, built in ND, all the connectors, handgrip, top handle, LCD monitor with hood. It's not really missing anything compared to BMPCC6k except internal raw, 120p frame rates, 5.7k 50p/60p, but adds a lot.
    Thanks, Tom.
    It isn't in my price range.

The only issue is his budget is $3k tops
    I'd compromise on $3,500.00 USD

Quote Originally Posted by ade4all View Post
    Panasonic gh5s covers 1-8, good luck getting decent AF and internal nd as well with that budget
    I related to that option on the first page, on my second reply. Not now, possibly later, as a third camera.

Actually come to think of it, the Fuji XT3 might do the trick. Supposedly it has semi-decent AF, it's like $1500, good low-light, good codecs, good color...
    "Supposedly it has semi-decent AF" isn't good enough for me, plus, AFAIK, it cannot accept lenses of EF mount. The 30 minutes limit rules it out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Imamacuser View Post
    Maybe a C100 with DPAF. Not sure if it outputs 8-bit or 10-bit over HDMI.
    Actually, initially I considered purchasing a new C100 MK II and ruled it out due to lack of any syncing option and only 4:2:0 8 bit HDMI out.

Also, the BPCC 6K CAN autofocus with Canon STM lenses, even in low light, not limited to the center, though the AF is very slow.

My bottom line after weighing all considerations, either second BPCC 6K or, more likely, UMP 4K.

Many thanks to all responses.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
    My bottom line after weighing all considerations, either second BPCC 6K or, more likely, UMP 4K.
    UM 4K or UMP 4.6K? (There is no UMP 4K.)

I imagine the UMP 4.6K (first version, used) as the UM 4K (regular 4K version) has a maximum usable ISO of 400 and no NDs, so #4 and #13 on your list would be out.

(ISO 800 is the highest you can set in the camera, but it's not usable due to FPN. 400 is its native and its only.)

8. Collapse Details
    I used the word used. I don’t know about $3k but an f5 or fs7 won’t be much more.

Of course getting the right tool using a small loan is better than getting the wrong thing cash

9. Collapse Details
    I used the word used. I don’t know about $3k but an f5 or fs7 won’t be much more.

Of course getting the right tool using a small loan is better than getting the wrong thing cash
    I agree that insisting on buying new will hold back your options. I just bought an FS7 used for 2900. I bought a c300 used years back and it always worked great for me

10. Collapse Details
    How about lenses?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast