Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I was going to suggest the same thing that combatentropy suggested above.

A poll is a quick and concise way to assemble opinions and get a reading of everyone's opinion.

That being said, it is much more expedient [and satisfying] for you to make this decision rather than to assemble everybody else's opinion.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    Oh okay, I didn't know you could do polls, and it didn't occur to me to.

As for my person opinion, my instincts tell me that a movie where all the actors are wearing masks, is not going to gel, and just be too awkward. However, I was thinking maybe I am wrong, and it might work, and thought I would ask.

3. Collapse Details
    If it was a year from now or a year ago I’d suggest cobbling together a bit of loot and going with the cheapest camera to the cheapest place to live in the world where you won’t be murdered. Get to know your neighbors and local artists and don’t come home till you’ve shot something.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Oh okay, but what would moving to another part of the world do though?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JimS2 View Post
    However, I was thinking maybe I am wrong, and it might work, and thought I would ask.
    Right back to the heart of the problem. And we keep saying this: stop asking questions and actually DO something. See for yourself what works and what doesn’t. It is the ONLY way you’re going to learn.

And yet, you keep starting new threads and asking endless questions about circumstances you haven’t even tried to hit yet, and slipping right back into planning for your feature, instead of logging off the Internet for a while to actually do something. How many times have I said this now?
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

6. Collapse Details
    Burn your boats like Cortez and force yourself to make a film. Right now I’m guessing you may need a big push. You tell everyone you’re coming back with a film and if you don’t well... just a thought.

7. Collapse Details
    This is what we've been telling you on another forum.

I made a feature length Bond type film on 8mm when I was 16. The only person I could rely on to be there all the time was me, so I acted the main part with a locked off clockwork camera. You could buy 3 of your SD cards for the price of a roll of film (allowing for inflation), so it was shot in small pieces, one roll at a time. The big set piece was an attack by the Swiss Air Force on a secret air base in the Alps a la "Thunderbirds" using model aircraft followed by a bomber attacking London, which gets saved by the hero. The film was edited and since there was no sound, the film was projected with the sound track LP from "Where Eagles Dare" on the record player. Surprisingly, the music Mickey Moused with the film, people enjoyed watching it and I learnt a lot.

The point being, with all your threads and your film course, you should know more than I did and you should just get on with making a film. A short film without any dialogue would be a good starter. They can wear masks if you want, just like the Greeks. all things are possible. It's natural that someone will make a feature film involving covid masks, it's part of the world today, they're everywhere.

Just don't spend time procrastinating by asking endless questions on forums, it's very easy to become addicted and do nothing.
    Last edited by briandrys1; 07-25-2020 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Adding a point about masks

8. Collapse Details
    Ryan your heroes from Film Riot have a video where one guy talks about making a film all by himself (with occasional help from a DP, but mostly the director filming himself). No reason that couldn't be you.

9. Collapse Details
    Oh okay, and by all by himself, you mean a film with no actors, that they made?

10. Collapse Details
    I'm sure the Niqab and Burqa will still be in fashion. Do something with an ethnic flair.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast