Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is it weird to make a feature film if all the actors are wearing covid masks?
    I want to try to make a feature film, but it would be a lot easier to attract actors if they were allowed to wear the masks, while on camera it seems. However, will this look really odd because you want the actors to show their faces and emote? Or will audiences accept this as normal, since it's the times we live in now? But at the same time, I don't want the movie to age poorly either, if everyone has a mask on. I've asked some others and some say do it, and some say it will ruin the movie. What do you think? Is it awkward or normal now?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I think you'd be the first. And it gives the actors a chance to act with body language. So why not?

3. Collapse Details
    Ryan, did you completely skip over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Do something on your own. Entirely by yourself. Remove all the variables and all the problems. Make a stop-motion film, or an animated film, or a one-man show. That way you remove every obstacle against success, and you don't waste all your money.

If you can make something good and entertaining, by yourself, then you can use that to attract others to your project. And if you CAN'T make something good and entertaining by yourself, then you sure as hell can't make something good and entertaining when you add the myriad complications that people and locations and money involve.
    Why are you back on this feature film discussion?
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

4. Collapse Details
    Ask Christopher Nolan....

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I suspect masks will look really quaint by the time Ryan finishes writing, financing, shooting and editing his movie. If we're not all dead by then.

- Greg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Oh well right now I am doing a documentary project, but I need experience with actors, and making something more narrative.

As for doing animation or stop motion, I asked some animators, but they said that I don't have the budget for that and that the budget would be larger for something like that, compared to doing something with actors.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JimS2 View Post
    ... but I need experience with actors, and making something more narrative.
    Trying to pull off a feature is not the way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimS2 View Post
    As for doing animation or stop motion, I asked some animators, but they said that I don't have the budget for that and that the budget would be larger for something like that, compared to doing something with actors.
    You *literally* need no budget to do stop motion animation on your own. Round up some inanimate objects around your house, dress a small set, and get to it.

You *literally* need no budget to shoot something by yourself as a one-person short film if you don’t want to try animating anything.

You *literally* have everything you need to show that you’re able to do something captivating without spending a dime. As Barry said, if you cannot do that, you will not be able to pull off a feature with the complexity of budget, locations, cast, and crew.

This is the constant issue, Ryan. It was suggested to you that you create a stop-motion animation on your own. Instead of responding with “I’ll try that and see what happens”, you decided to ask someone else who told you it was expensive to animate. And now we’re back into the feedback loop.
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Oh okay, I just don't know much about it, and thought I would need to hire someone to pull it off. Well I think I would just rather stick to live action if I can, but I am doing a documentary project now that I can post after it's finished.

Oh but there is another project I did a while back, so I posted it on the User Films forum.
    Last edited by JimS2; 07-24-2020 at 02:05 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    I say when it comes to masks it's hard to beat Michael Myers and Leatherface.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/top...r-movie-masks/

10. Collapse Details
    Have you considered adding a poll to your threads? It might make it easier on us all.

poll.jpg

Anyway here is my answer to your question:

Last edited by combatentropy; 07-24-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast