1. Collapse Details
    Broadcast Cameras
    Ever wondered what broadcasters use for their setup. You know those big square lenses on those pedestal tripods? I’m always struggling with my setup to achieve smooth zooms, pans, and focus...

https://youtu.be/RkTaMyatsTo

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I have a Canon J55x Super box lens. It weighs 40 lbs. With the doubler it is an 18-1000mm f2.8 parfocal lens. It is a monster. The front element is 8" in diameter. Try finding a screw on filter for that! I adapted it to an MFT mount. I bought a Vinten 3716 to support it. It's ridiculous.

Inside that box is a lens that looks nothing like a lens. It has a rough sand casting with strengthening webs and places to bolt circuit boards and a sensor for auto focus. There are no markings on it, nor focus, zoom, or iris rings, no ring gears. It's all done under the lens casting with sliding elements. The cables to run manual focus and zoom are heavier than the cables used on your emergency brake cable.

3. Collapse Details
    That’s awesome. Most of us mortals have to make do with whatever they decide to put on sub 5k cameras.