Thread: Outdoor Filming

1. Collapse Details
    Outdoor Filming
    Hey all! I have a outdoor shooting tomorrow (keeping all the regulations and keeping the social distance, no worries) and the weather forecast says it's going to rain pretty heavy tomorrow. A friend suggested I use a waterproof car cover to keep the equipment dry and safe since I've already got the cover at home but I'm looking into other suggestions on what you guys do in this case. Please help!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by smaisy View Post
    Hey all! I have a outdoor shooting tomorrow (keeping all the regulations and keeping the social distance, no worries) and the weather forecast says it's going to rain pretty heavy tomorrow. A friend suggested I use a waterproof car cover to keep the equipment dry and safe since I've already got the cover at home but I'm looking into other suggestions on what you guys do in this case. Please help!
    I assume your plan is to throw a cover over your setup until the rain stops. Any tarp would do. Hardware stores sells plastic sheeting https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-10-f...-25C/204711657. Have weights ready to hold it down.

This could work as long as its brief and your subject is willing to wait. Might be a waste of time if it's a long shoot and you keep getting interrupted. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
    Last edited by Peter C.; 07-20-2020 at 05:07 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by smaisy View Post
    Which equipment? Like a camera and a microphone? Or other hardware that's stationary? Will you be moving around a lot?

Pre-covid, someone holding an umbrella over you would be best.

But under the circumstances and since it's last minute, plastic covers may have to due.

There are dedicated rain covers for various cameras if interested in a future solution. Some are an exact fit for a model, and others are more universal that can be used with multiple cinema, broadcast or prosumer systems.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/R...m-Cases/ci/231

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot! Yup, it's to cover it up, in case it does rain. It's the camera and microphone that I'm most worried about.