1. Collapse Details
    Theatre stage revival online
    With the new safety guidelines on all film production we could see a resurgence of interesting work in black box theatres. I could see famous, working and unknown actors working in small cast productions. Broadcast live, limited or no audience. Hopefully new and important voices will emerge. Small cast /crew semi isolated working on a new play would appeal to many.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm in the middle of directing a play I wrote - so I'm glad to hear peeps out there like you wanting to maybe see it

3. Collapse Details
    There's a whole lot of "say and spray" happening on stage. I've been on both the giving and receiving end of it. Very hard to control. Not sure how that would be addressed. I see this as the biggest hurdle.

4. Collapse Details
    Right on Kevin, glad to see you’re finding a way to create and keep us informed on how it’s going. And rsbush I figure it’s easier to isolate, test , protect a three person cast than a big , medium , indie film shoot. If the material is strong many actors will put up with reasonable inconveniences Limited pay to work on a project. Six weeks on a ranch in New Mexico or wherever working on a play would be a dream for many.

5. Collapse Details
    'There's a whole lot of "say and spray" happening on stage.' For sure. Who knows when they're gonna open the theaters. We've been mostly rehearsing on Zoom - a terrible way to rehearse - but you deal with what ya got.
    Also intending to make a web series with the material we rehearse. Keeps a fella out of the pub.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin baggott View Post
    'There's a whole lot of "say and spray" happening on stage.' For sure. Who knows when they're gonna open the theaters. We've been mostly rehearsing on Zoom - a terrible way to rehearse - but you deal with what ya got.
    Also intending to make a web series with the material we rehearse. Keeps a fella out of the pub.

You should try and see this. "Staged" Michael Sheen and David Tennant trying to rehearse a play over Zoom. Way funnier than I thought it would be. Really well done.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p08dnl67/staged
    Hopefully the link works for you.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickbaldwin View Post
    You should try and see this. "Staged" Michael Sheen and David Tennant trying to rehearse a play over Zoom. Way funnier than I thought it would be. Really well done.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p08dnl67/staged
    Hopefully the link works for you.
    Only works in the UK.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KMR View Post
    Only works in the UK.
    Damn. Do try and find it somehow. It is well worth it.