Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1171
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stewhem View Post
    Really great post. Many upvotes or whatever they’re called
    Words are far more valuable! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    I'll give him one!
    That new profile pic is $$$. Many gratitudes!

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    And the printed manuals, IF the equipment even comes with one, are essentially visually unreadable today. Besides being physically tiny with really small typeface/point sizes, someone has decided that everything should now be printed light-grey-on-white, instead of black-on-white.
    I prefer white on gray. ;)

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    I'm thinking of... being tempted to have a go at the A7SIII. Shouldn't because of the work situation so still trying to justify the move. I'm currently using an A7III for B cam and B roll with my own PP settings. What I would like to know is how how the 7SIII would look with my "out of the camera" settings. The crazy thing here is I can beg, borrow or steal a pro video or cinema camera for testing but not an A series as none of my pro suppliers handle the still cameras. The settings I'm using are below if anyone wants to suck them and see how it looks and report back. These settings aren't for anything cinematic. They are the best I can come up with for the most realistic images to my eye. Also for the greatest dynamic range highlights to detail in the darks. It also allows me to use the lowest ISO settings like 100 in bright high contrast sunlight / shadow conditions.. I can mix these settings quite happily with my own Custom FS7 settings. I think the shots below indicate the dynamic range available with these settings on the 7III and I would imagine you would see similar on the 7SIII using these settings. If any of you 7SIII shooters can offer any feed back on this I would love to hear from you. Please view on a 709 monitor/TV if you can as that's what I have set these setting up for.

Thanks in advance

Chris Young
    Hey Chris - was finally able to try out your PP settings on my A7sIII. And I sent you a PM with some screen grabs I shot yesterday.

3. Collapse Details
    BREAKTHROUGH! I figured out how to activate the "My Dial" settings on the A7SIII which gives me the power to remap a dial to change my Kelvin color temperature balance.

So now, I can change color temperature by scrolling the front dial (which is aperture by default on this camera), I change aperture with the rear dial, and I can dial up and down my ISO with the control wheel on the back. Huzzah!

So, in order to toggle shutter speed, I now have to press the C4 button to return to normal dials. But that's fine because I usually only change shutter speed infrequently whereas I toggle my Kelvins all the frigging time.

Between this fantastic new dial configuration, the programmable custom buttons, and the Function menu which holds up to 12 menu settings at easy access, I've got to say....this camera is super operator-friendly. I am going to be flying through my next shoot
    www.VideoAbe.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

4. Collapse Details
    Nice, that's the ultimate configuration for the most control.

Impossible to beat on any traditional camera for speed.

5. Collapse Details
    The a7C - which just started shipping today - looks noticeably better than the older models. I'm impressed!

If you don't need 60p or 10-bit (which you know me I think is overrated), this could be a sweet camera with of course premium AF and the new gyro data IS (if you can use it), which also looks fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2nQ3JKLBdM

6. Collapse Details
    If it had 60p I would be interested in it as an additional body...here's to the mark ii...

7. Collapse Details
    Very cool. This setting functionality is made even better by having separate customization for still and video modes, where you might want to move the SS a lot.

8. Collapse Details
    Didn't know where to put this so I'll just throw it here as the sensor may or may not be the same.

I think this is the first time I've seen a Nikon camera have this...good for them.

Z 7II.jpg

9. Collapse Details
    Here's a long continuous take from my wedding last weekend where you can see the AF at work on Ronin-S with the Samyang 85mm f/1.4 wide open:

This is straight from camera, I just set an in and out point and slowed the 60p to 40%.

You can see an epic AF fail at 3:12. I would have done better there manually but probably not good enough to get a usable shot. The camera couldn't go from the back of his head to her spinning fast enough. Had I already been focused on her, it probably would have worked out.

And the thing is - I would never be manually focusing in the first place while shooting 85mm f/1.4 full-frame with a moving subject and moving camera. It's a major win for me, and I can work out better shooting strategies to maintain focus more consistently (and it's already pretty consistent here IMO)

Sometimes you see a bump where I tapped the screen to acquire focus. I'm going to try monitoring and tapping on my smartphone with wifi connection next time.

I'm also going to try face registration next time. That should be cool.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Darn...if that moment around 3:12 would have come back into focus from that deep shallowness it would have been epic in itself. Preferably she spins back into focus, but any point could have worked if only sooner.

You need Canon's back of the head AF.

Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast