Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1170
  1. Collapse Details
    These are looking really good. How are you liking the colour science for your work? Is the camera just getting out of your way, or are you finding a nice sort of synergy?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    These are looking really good. How are you liking the colour science for your work? Is the camera just getting out of your way, or are you finding a nice sort of synergy?
    I really like the "Movie" color matrix, whatever is going on there. I don't really like basically any of the other color settings available, which look a mix of ugly and/or inaccurate. I'm sure they could all be worked with. I don't feel like I have to work with "Movie". I mean, you could take it wherever you want to go. But it's a very accurate yet pleasing starting place.

I like the colors a lot - they're rich and punchy (granted that I added a bit of saturation in-camera). I don't think it necessarily changes how I shoot. There's less of the Canon skin-warmth added which is, in a way, too bad. But might be a good thing for all the things you shoot that aren't skin. So, I suppose I need to be extra careful to get a good color cast on skin. But I haven't shot anything with it that looks horrid to me yet or feels like it needs to be worked with. Yay. The SOOC shots I posted are a bit low-contrast for their scenes (which is natural if you want to capture the whole range of brightnesses), but they grade so easily with just slight exposure adjustments.

And I'm really digging the approach of using the "Movie" color matrix with the s-log3 gamma because you can grade from scratch very easily. You get the benefit of all that DR and yet the colors are quite accurate to begin with. I suppose that if I encounter some extreme or unusual colors, they'll be represented inaccurately by being remapped within my narrower gamut, right? Not something I'm worried about at the moment.

I did some quick tests shooting s-log3 and s-gamut3.cine and I wasn't crazy about the results using the LUTs I had on hand. Maybe I need to do more tests or need to find better LUTs designed specifically for this camera. So, that's still a question mark for me about how much I'll like it, although I did some tests with example footage online before getting the camera and they looked alright.

Nothing beats "Movie" color!

And yeah, in general I feel towards this camera much like I did towards my S1. i don't have to baby it and it does its job. Good battery life, reliable unit, easy-to-navigate menus, lots of recording options, tons of dynamic range and great in the dark. Add in this amazing autofocus and no-crop 4K60p and yeah it's just a super easy-to-use camera, and low weight to boot. For how I want to use it, I am feeling mightily satisfied. The C70 would be less suited to this task and whatever better cameras come out from Sony or Canon in the near future will probably not be enough of an improvement to tempt me because this is pretty much good enough. I just wish I had 2, but I'm going to hold off on that for now.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 3.37.10 PM.jpg

This shot came out really nice. the gimbal move had a nice feel.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 3.37.10 PM.jpg

This shot came out really nice. the gimbal move had a nice feel.
    thanks, James. It's not a Hollywood movie but I can try to pretend.

definitely some interesting things can happen on gimbal with a telephoto, although it's much harder to aim the thing

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing Abe!

6. Collapse Details
    Awesome Film Abe! Putt breaks sharply to the left!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    Awesome Film Abe! Putt breaks sharply to the left!
    Yeah the chuppah was just past the 18th hole and there were definitely some balls headed towards me as I was setting up...oy. originally, they were going to get married at a fancy club in downtown Manhattan (cipriani). Gotta roll with the punches...

8. Collapse Details
    Really nice grabs and selects, Abe! Love the colors and skin tones SOOC, and look forward to your grade!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by groveChuck View Post
    Really nice grabs and selects, Abe! Love the colors and skin tones SOOC, and look forward to your grade!
    Thanks, Chuck. I'm not actually editing this video, I was just doing a post-mortem to see how the exposures and color looked while my settings were fresh in my deteriorating memory. But I'll post a link once the company finishes the videos.

Of course, they may not grade it much at all, which is why I need to deliver decent SOOC. We'll see what they cook up...

10. Collapse Details
    What about the af speed with the ef-mount glass? Wanna buy this cam, but have some amount of ef lenses.

Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast