Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quibi is one more example that finding the magic bullet just isn't that easy.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Since Quarantine, with the celebrity backlash, I would pay more to NOT have to watch programming with any celebrities. ;-)
    But, but don't you keep in touch with Kim K is saying about the virus? You've got to pay attention to what Angelina and Kanye have to say about anything. And my favorite celeb is Oprah and her ads for Weight Watchers. Oprah .... Weight Watchers ... oh no! I broke a rib laughing.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    But, but don't you keep in touch with Kim K is saying about the virus? You've got to pay attention to what Angelina and Kanye have to say about anything. And my favorite celeb is Oprah and her ads for Weight Watchers. Oprah .... Weight Watchers ... oh no! I broke a rib laughing.
    I've worked with a lot of "celebrities" as well as actors, directors, writers, producers who are "famous". Very few of them aren't bottom feeding sociopaths.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    Did you watch Homecoming on Amazon? They used the 9:16 ratio for big portions of the show. Once the mystery is revealed it becomes clear why they used such a narrow, constricted ratio in parts of the story. I thought it was a pretty creative use of the new aspect ratio. Great show too. I wasn't too keen on watching it, but once I finally got around to it I really got sucked in. Compelling mystery. Great acting and filmmaking. And I love the use of recycled film scores. It reminded me that most modern movie music is crap.
    No I haven't seen that. I get Amazon Prime for free but without their media offerings so I don't see any of it.

That sounds cool - and confusing. I'm intrigued.

I'm all for new creative forms. But not like, "well, this is the wrong aspect ratio for this story, but we're not going to excite our viewers enough to get them to rotate their phone so oh well"

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    No I haven't seen that. I get Amazon Prime for free but without their media offerings so I don't see any of it.
    I thought Prime Video comes automatically with Amazon Prime?
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    I thought Prime Video comes automatically with Amazon Prime?
    Well I get free Prime shipping ever since I made a complaint like 7 years ago. But none of the media that comes with Prime.

I should get my wife to sign up and do a trial so we can check it out. But we still need to do a Disney+ trial to see the mandalorian, and go back to Netflix for the new season of altered Carbon. My god so much to watch

7. Collapse Details
    Lot of stuff worth watching on Prime. I actually watch it more than Netflix. Man In The High Castle was genius.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

8. Collapse Details
    Prime is one of the best deals around. Period. Shipping, video, music e-books...

9. Collapse Details
    It's because Bezos isn't interested in making a profit. He just wants to own markets ... for everthing.

10. Collapse Details
    JUST saw a commercial for Quibi during the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular on NBC. The show actually looked good, but sadly it's on Quibi and not Netflix or Amazon or Hulu or HBO or Showtime or anything else...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234