Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tentacle E Recorder - $349
    Well, after months of delays at least BH photo put a price on the Tentacle E record: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l?sts=pi&pim=Y

Thought it would come in around the same price as their Sync units but I'm still excited to purchase one of these units (floating 32 bit, yay!)

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Well, after months of delays at least BH photo put a price on the Tentacle E record: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l?sts=pi&pim=Y

Thought it would come in around the same price as their Sync units but I'm still excited to purchase one of these units (floating 32 bit, yay!)
    That's about the cost I expected. $229.00 for a Sync E and add $120.00 for the recording capability. Still no concrete release date.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    I spoke to someone at Gotham and it looks as if $349 is the package that includes a mic and micro SD card. I imagine the included mic will be of ME2 quality. I asked him if you can buy it without the mic/sd card and he said he would get back to me with that info as well as a release date, but according to my last conversation with Tentacle it should be early July...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    According to Gotham they release date has been pushed back further (still unknown) and it looks as if it only comes in the mic/sd package. Sigh...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    That's about the cost I expected. $229.00 for a Sync E and add $120.00 for the recording capability. Still no concrete release date.
    Question: My understanding is that while a Track E can be jammed/sync'd via Bluetooth, it can't output timecode to an external device. As in: You can't attach it to a camera and have it function as both a TC Box and a recorder. Not the end of the world to me, but does anyone know for sure?
    https://www.gothamsound.com/product/...audio-recorder
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

6. Collapse Details
    The real question, is there a good way to split a lav going into a Lectro belt pack so it could feed this little puppy for a back-up? Kinda like how I can put a shotgun on my F55 with a splitter to feed both channels, but you only have to turn phantom power on for one of the channels to properly power the mic.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    Question: My understanding is that while a Track E can be jammed/sync'd via Bluetooth, it can't output timecode to an external device. As in: You can't attach it to a camera and have it function as both a TC Box and a recorder. Not the end of the world to me, but does anyone know for sure?
    https://www.gothamsound.com/product/...audio-recorder
    There has been scant information from Tentacle since it's intro as a product concept so I doubt if anyone outside Tentacle knows, unless they've been a beta tester under NDA?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    The real question, is there a good way to split a lav going into a Lectro belt pack so it could feed this little puppy for a back-up? Kinda like how I can put a shotgun on my F55 with a splitter to feed both channels, but you only have to turn phantom power on for one of the channels to properly power the mic.
    There is definitely a way. But a "good" way? None that I can think of that wouldn't involve mounting a transmitter, and a Track E AND a 9V powered unbalanced splitter box and a mess of cables hanging off of talent?
    Nobody even wants to wear a transmitter these days, much less a transmitter, a Sync E, a powered splitter box, and multiple cables. It was would be an ungainly mess. Guess you could mount a transmitter and a Tentacle E Recorder, each with their own lavs,
    but I've done that with the Tascam DR10L as an experiment and talent hated it. Too much stuff on actors or spokepeople and they get understandably irritated. The real solution is to just buy Zaxcom and have good wireless while recording the backup
    within the same tiny transmitter. But Zaxcom aren't inexpensive.

9. Collapse Details
    Why can’t it just be split like has been done forever with full size XLR’s sources? Why would the mess be necessary?

10. Collapse Details
    After mixing mirrorless cameras into my workflow for so many years, i made sure i had a setup and a camera that has industry standard everything: bnc, gen lock, timecode five pin leno, etc. even ordered some time code cables this week. the last sound guy i worked with didn’t bring a cable to sync.... i thought it was so ironic, after years of sound guys complaining about mirrorless and Red, i made sure i had a camera that was silent and had the two most common professional standards for syncing.

A tentacle ended up coming in an providing sync.... so even when you think you got it all figured out, the tentacle still ended up being the hero.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast