Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Motorized slider for F35?
    Anybody found a motorized slider strong enough for F35? And something not expensive? Enough very cheap ones for DSLRs and other cameras on ebay.

2. Collapse Details
    You want a motorised Dana style (2xspeedrail/scaffold) IMO

Meet the gaffer had a vid a couple of years ago.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    You want a motorised Dana style (2xspeedrail/scaffold) IMO

Meet the gaffer had a vid a couple of years ago.
    That one looked really great. Should be very affordable without the motorized head. Also can be controlled by PS4 controller. Those are going used super cheap too.

4. Collapse Details

The best part is, you can buy a Dana Dolly knock off, or you can rent a Dana. They are so cheap to rent. And easy to DIY as well. The emotive base motorized unit for the Dana is around $500 I think. and then you can make the slider as long as you want. SO versatile.

https://www.adorama.com/emst4mcdd.ht...urce=adl-gbase

See if anyone local has it available.

5. Collapse Details
    That is cool. What dana dolly knock offs are there? On ebay? How they called? I also seen sliders with a double system. Like 2 sets of rails one each side. So as wide as dana dolly. You think dana dolly style is still better? About the emotimo system it seems it only works with their st4 pan head?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post

The best part is, you can buy a Dana Dolly knock off, or you can rent a Dana. They are so cheap to rent. And easy to DIY as well. The emotive base motorized unit for the Dana is around $500 I think. and then you can make the slider as long as you want. SO versatile.

https://www.adorama.com/emst4mcdd.ht...urce=adl-gbase

See if anyone local has it available.
    You can't use the integration kit without the spectrum st4 - https://emotimo.com/products/st4

From the company "Dana Dolly Integration kit is powered from the Spectrum ST4's ports. All control and power come from that so it is required".

I found this product years ago and emailed asking if it worked with the dana dolly and got no repsonse - https://www.revolvecamera.com/collec...der-add-on-kit

Here's a thread on the st4, it might help you make a decision - http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...-ST4-group-buy

^^^Sorry, the decision part is aimed at SJX

7. Collapse Details
    Yes it only works with the ST4.

But how useful is a motorized slider without some sort of pan and tilt auto head?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SJX View Post
    Yes it only works with the ST4.

But how useful is a motorized slider without some sort of pan and tilt auto head?
    You're right but ideally you'd be able to use the motorized slider with whatever set up you like e.g. ronin 2 without being forced to pay for and use their head.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    You're right but ideally you'd be able to use the motorized slider with whatever set up you like e.g. ronin 2 without being forced to pay for and use their head.
    Sorry. I think you misunderstood my question. Is still useful a motorized slider without pan and tilt head? What shooting situations would it be useful for example? I'm fine with a slider without pan and tilt head as they are MUCH cheaper. But I'm wondering how useful they are.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SJX View Post
    Sorry. I think you misunderstood my question. Is still useful a motorized slider without pan and tilt head? What shooting situations would it be useful for example? I'm fine with a slider without pan and tilt head as they are MUCH cheaper. But I'm wondering how useful they are.
    Probably not that useful unless you're happy with the camera moving along a single axis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast