1. Collapse Details
    HVX200p - Dead? Won't power on, whirs when power applied.
    Hello all, I have purchased a used HVX200p from KEH in "as-is" condition. It's in amazing shape, looks like it was hardly used, but there was some plastic rattling around in it (not the clunk you normally get questions about) and when I apply power to it, it makes the "whir" noise these cameras usually make (I used one fairly regularly when I worked for a TV news shop) and the LCD looks as if it's coming on but nothing ever happens beyond that. The power switch appears to do nothing, and no lights come on at all. Could this be the sign of a bad fuse? I downloaded the service manual and could not find anything but a part number for the fuse, and there really aren't any videos on YouTube (or anywhere else) about it.

I've also just now thought that maybe the power switch is bad. Can someone with one of these cameras tell me if the camera makes a noise when power (battery or DC) is applied and the camera is "off"?

I really appreciate any insight anyone here can provide! I plan to use this as a second angle while shooting with my A7Rii, but if it doesn't work I'll just sell it for parts as the body of the camera is fairly well flawless.

2. Collapse Details
    I guess I’ll go ahead and answer my own question. I pulled the thing apart and as I suspected, the power switch board was somehow pulled away from the actual switch — the plastic post that it mounts to was at a 45* angle and half-broken. I pulled it back into place, put some superglue there to secure it and tried it out and it seems to work just fine now, which is a relief.

That explains the plastic rattling around inside. It doesn’t make sense how it happened - there is no impact damage, the switch felt normal from the outside and there was no signs of forced entry around the plastic cover around the switch. Odd.

3. Collapse Details
    Maybe blunt force at some point in its life loosened it up (like a drop), but didn't cause any cosmetic damage.

A lot of times people frown at scratches or what not, but it's any potential drops you can't always see that are worrisome.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibroch View Post
    I guess I’ll go ahead and answer my own question. I pulled the thing apart and as I suspected, the power switch board was somehow pulled away from the actual switch — the plastic post that it mounts to was at a 45* angle and half-broken. I pulled it back into place, put some superglue there to secure it and tried it out and it seems to work just fine now, which is a relief.

That explains the plastic rattling around inside. It doesn’t make sense how it happened - there is no impact damage, the switch felt normal from the outside and there was no signs of forced entry around the plastic cover around the switch. Odd.
    Thanks for updating. So few people comeback and finish a thread. Very interesting.