Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    That CinemaSafe thing reminds me of Starship Troopers... Want to know more?
    Huh?

2. Collapse Details
    Everyone is just trying to find a way to cash-in on the crisis.

I had to sit through an on-line COVID safety meeting for a client a few days ago. I just laughed at some of the things that were said. COVID in TV and film production right now is a bureaucrats wet-dream. The world is full of people sitting in offices right now that are just silly and giddy with power and ideas, because they get to make up rules and regulations. And so much of it is medical theater and to cover their @sses.

Two of the sillier ones involved face masks and cars. I won’t get into the face mask one, but the cars... Only one person per rental car(or golf cart), BUT it’s ok to take an Uber or Lyft.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Huh?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdrjzE1SE58
    Jaime Vallés
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Huh?
    Some "scifi movies depicting sudden major societal shifts and the accompanying ubiquitous slogans" fan you turned out to be!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Only one person per rental car(or golf cart), BUT it’s ok to take an Uber or Lyft.
    There's actually logic to this. Provided there's frequent testing, you're "ok" with one individual person getting COVID if they're performing a necessary function, the focus is on preventing an outbreak by eliminating the possibility of inter-team transmission. So if someone rides solo in an uber and gets COVID from the driver, sucks for them, but if protocols are being followed, they shouldn't be able to transmit to anyone else.

Versus a situation where two people ride in a car together in the morning, person A has COVID, gives it to person B, then person A rides with person C in the afternoon, gives it to them, etc. That's how you get outbreaks.

I agree that a lot of these rules make no sense, but there is math behind some. Unless they're saying that two people can ride in an uber together, then that's just dumb.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoughla View Post
    There's actually logic to this. Provided there's frequent testing, you're "ok" with one individual person getting COVID if they're performing a necessary function, the focus is on preventing an outbreak by eliminating the possibility of inter-team transmission. So if someone rides solo in an uber and gets COVID from the driver, sucks for them, but if protocols are being followed, they shouldn't be able to transmit to anyone else.

Versus a situation where two people ride in a car together in the morning, person A has COVID, gives it to person B, then person A rides with person C in the afternoon, gives it to them, etc. That's how you get outbreaks.

I agree that a lot of these rules make no sense, but there is math behind some. Unless they're saying that two people can ride in an uber together, then that's just dumb.

I actually hadn't thought of it from that perspective. But you have to admit that on the surface, hearing someone say it, it sounds dumb. And that's what a lot of this is about, the optics and superficial appearance of things to people.

Another rule they have, which actually does make sense, is that you cannot valet your vehicle anymore. A few weeks ago, when I arrived at the hotel the valet said they were not allowed(by my client) to valet any of "our" vehicles. So I asked If I still paid the valet fee, could I park myself in one of the valet spots(near the entrance), and they allowed me to do that.

And a side note, unrelated to work. I went to a furniture store a few days ago to see if they had something in stock and the woman that ended up helping me/ringing me up had the most ridiculous/useless piece of PPE I have ever seen in my life and I actually wanted to say something to her about it, but refrained. Besides looking absolutely STUPID, it's absolutely USELESS.

il_1588xN.2379991542_48bq.jpg
    il_1588xN.2380672270_r58i.jpg

7. Collapse Details
    Ya, it's like that Andy Reid's shield.

"Mahomey, I'm your father".

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Ya, it's like that Andy Reid's shield.

"Mahomey, I'm your father".
    Unless I'm in a situation where I need protection(like an emergency doctor or paramedic, etc.) from possible "spray", I'll take a mask any day over a face shield.

9. Collapse Details
    It's for people who had clams and garlic for lunch and the burps aren't enough for them. They want to re-experience their breath as well.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Unless I'm in a situation where I need protection(like an emergency doctor or paramedic, etc.) from possible "spray", I'll take a mask any day over a face shield.
    On the double!

AP20281527513264-1000x667.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    It's for people who had clams and garlic for lunch and the burps aren't enough for them. They want to re-experience their breath as well.
    Back in the early 90's, I was working for a large consumer electronics retail chain, with our location being in a fairly popular strip mall in the SF Valley. It had Marshall's and a bunch of moderately priced restaurants. And, after visiting one of them, plenty a lookie-loo would stop by the store, while twirling a tooth pick in their mouths. Sometimes, a salesperson just wanted to knee those lookie-loo's in a groin.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast