Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    Well Wonder Woman 84 being dumped on HBO Max is no great loss, as that movie is a hot pile of garbage. Terrible script, full of one dumb idea after another, with a tacky tone reminiscent of the worst Christopher Reeve Superman movies. Seriously disappointing. The whole creative team at DC/Warner needs to be replaced. The first Wonder Woman being good just seems like a fluke at this point.
    Sadly, WW84 is no where near as good as the first. And I loved the first one... I watched a little over the first hour and a half last night and then decided to go to bed about 1:30a. Even though it had finally started to “get good”, it still didn’t hold my attention. And even in the context of that “universe”, the concept still seemed a little far fetched. It seems like so many other things born in Hollywood or involving big corporations. It feels like it was written and produced by a committee and EVERYONE had to have something of theirs included, instead of their being a strong, singular vision and goal. And I like long movies where time is taken to develop characters and story and tell it properly, but I felt like I was watching at least 45 minutes of just filler and still had questions about some thing’s that probably should have been fully fleshed out by that point.

I’ll probably finish it today or tonight, but the last ~45 minutes or so will have to be drastically different/surprising for my disappointment to be curbed.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Are you sure about that?

"Ryanair is buying 75 more 737 Max jets, Boeing's biggest order since the grounding"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...der/index.html
    What with https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55582496 Boeing fined 2.6Bn over 737 safety claims and the latest 737 crash https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55606599 and Ryanair now cutting back a LOT of it's flights https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55571834 (cancelling the order?) I can't see Boeing's future looking good.

3. Collapse Details
    No, it's not looking good. But who knows. I read that Indonesia has frequent crashes, so I dont know if Boeing is at fault in that particular instance.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not necessarily rooting for them. I just don't think their collapse is a foregone conclusion. We've seen companies rise from the ashes before, and they're a big one and probably have ample government support.

4. Collapse Details
    No, it's not looking good. But who knows. I read that Indonesia has frequent crashes, so I dont know if Boeing is at fault in that particular instance.
    Fair point re Indonesia. The cause is not yet known and Indonesian airlines etc do have a poor safety record. The problem is the headline is "Another Boeing 737 crash". Only weeks after the fleet of 737(max) were un-grounded.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not necessarily rooting for them. I just don't think their collapse is a foregone conclusion. We've seen companies rise from the ashes before, and they're a big one and probably have ample government support.
    True. Though we are in somewhat uncertain times.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMedia View Post
    True. Though we are in somewhat uncertain times.
    Only somewhat uncertain?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    It was a 737-500 which is a pretty old model, I think it is 2 generations old? MentourPilot on Youtube made a video about this soon after the word spread and he mentioned something about it being an older model, older than the 737 Next Gen that he normally flies, which is older than the Max generation. Or something like that.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    It was a 737-500 which is a pretty old model, I think it is 2 generations old? MentourPilot on Youtube made a video about this soon after the word spread and he mentioned something about it being an older model, older than the 737 Next Gen that he normally flies, which is older than the Max generation. Or something like that.
    There are some systemic problems with the 737 that run through all the versions after the original base model.

8. Collapse Details
    "AMC Entertainment, America’s biggest movie chain, is getting ever closer to its goal of raising enough money by the end of January to stave off bankruptcy until at least the summer"

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/amc-ge...-until-summer/
    Awarded Best Clear Com Chatter, 2001, PBS Television

9. Collapse Details
    Wonder Woman 1984 is now up to $32M in the US box office. Which would not have been deemed a success in 1984. The film dropped 67% in its second week and 45% the second. AT&T is allegedly willing to continue the franchise (its next sequel will be called "Wonder Woman vs. T-Mobile" and a sequel's sequel, "WW vs. ExxonMobil").

Additionally, as predicted, WB/HBO Max will restructure its financial arrangements with top talent.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hbo-max-movies

10. Collapse Details
    Wow. Redditors may revive amc stock in a coordinated effort to screw the hedge funds shorting it. They already did it to gamestop. Someone's gonna write a movie about this. Read this thread, it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/st...243984904?s=20

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast