Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The UEFA CL and EL matches are the English language rights only. The various Univision outlets (TUDN, Unimas, Galavision, Univision itself) have the Spanish language broadcasts. CBS does provide extensive NFL type YouTube highlights, however.

2. Collapse Details
    AMC just keeps digging deeper. From Marketwatch - "The share-sale plan comes after the company said before Friday’s open that it had secured a commitment for $100 million of new high-yield first lien debt financing,... The first lien notes, due 2026, will beat interest of 15% per year. "

More nails in the coffin. When a company was losing money in a pre-pandemic booming economy, what hope is there to bail out when having to service debts carrying a 15% interest.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    15 percent, my loan shark doesn’t charge that. Oh that’s yearly not weekly, never mind.

4. Collapse Details
    From a CNBC article:

“Frankly I believe that Chapter 11 is really the only path that will lead to AMC surviving,” said Doug Stone, president of Box Office Analyst. “I cannot imagine that there is an appetite out there for another $750 million of stock sales, and any debt they assume will be at astronomical rates.”

“The easy answer is that if they declare bankruptcy, it is likely to be a reorganization rather than a liquidation,” said Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter. “In bankruptcy, they can wipe out their lease obligations and renew those leases that make sense, so arguably they can lower their overall operating expense.”

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Are you sure about that?

"Ryanair is buying 75 more 737 Max jets, Boeing's biggest order since the grounding"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...der/index.html

not a done deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55372499 this will make matters worse as even if the FAA stands by letting them fly again no one else is likely to. Which means the 737MAX will only be usable in the USA. It also harms the FAA a well as Boeing.

Having seen the 737MAX problems in some detail I would be surprised if it is flying world wide any time soon which will have a serious impact on Boeing.
    Last edited by JAMedia; 12-20-2020 at 01:22 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMedia View Post
    not a done deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55372499 this will make matters worse as even if the FAA stands by letting them fly again no one else is likely to. Which means the 737MAX will only be usable in the USA. It also harms the FAA a well as Boeing.

Having seen the 737MAX problems in some detail I would be surprised if it is flying world wide any time soon which will have a serious impact on Boeing.

Unfortunately, here in the US, a lot of things are allowed here that the rest of the world does not, all to benefit corporations and not the consumers(like a lot of specific food additives and ingredients).

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Legendary strikes back - essentially they are suing to keep Dune as a theatrical-only release because they financed 75% of the budget and it's scheduled for a release in October anyway, well after the expected "late-spring" date of vaccine-based herd immunity

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entert...194348751.html

If they pull that s*%t off, I'll go see it on opening night

8. Collapse Details
    "If they pull that s*%t off, I'll go see it on opening night ."
    That's a good line actually that could be used in a number of scenarios.... -Cheers
    Last edited by Gord.T; 12-22-2020 at 11:19 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Legendary strikes back - essentially they are suing to keep Dune as a theatrical-only release because they financed 75% of the budget ...
    But if they gave away/sold the distribution rights .... (those go beyond theatrical anyway)

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    But if they gave away/sold the distribution rights .... (those go beyond theatrical anyway)
    Maybe their case is doomed. But part of what they're arguing is that denying dune a proper theatrical release will doom the franchise (I suppose by making it an unsuccessful box office and therefore making a sequel less likely?) Whether or not they have a case, I think the argument is that altering the plan diminishes the value of what WB didnt buy?

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast