Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I just found out Shape is making NP-F batteries too. Those may be the ones to get. They are cheaper than Hawkwoods, and likely better than the Anton Bauer NP-F’s.

Basically, with the wireless and monitor, i’d imagine this thing will burn through an NPF quicker than just a monitor.
    Last edited by James0b57; 06-01-2020 at 09:19 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Even though i am sure SmallHD is still run by many of the same people, i do miss when they were that small company based in Durham.

We’ll see how this little Focus Bolt performs, and at least Vitec has a service office in Chatsworth if it isn’t working. So, low risk, high reward. It is one of those items that is easy to get a director or producer to pay for, because it is for them. I’ve never had a director or producer pass on a witless monitor because it costs money.

3. Collapse Details
    I have two CoreSWX FlatPacks already. The sHD spec's are 11.2 wH and CSWX calls the battery "near 60 wH". So basing it on 60wH's each, you should get at least ~5 hours(5.35)(Core claims 6 hrs in their video) per battery. That should be enough for most production days, maybe with a little to spare.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Totally forgot about those flat packs! Thanks!

If smallhd had made an OLED focus bolt, i would have jumped on that, as it is 1080 and OLED. But this one seems perfect for a director just wanting to see the action. Better than a video tap feed on a film camera, haha. But i told my buddy if he doesn’t like the Focus Bolt, i’d buy it off him.

Oh, does the Swcore flatpack trap heat? Or does the monitor stay cool? With the Bolt wireless running, these little things can get hot.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Even though i am sure SmallHD is still run by many of the same people, i do miss when they were that small company based in Durham.

We’ll see how this little Focus Bolt performs, and at least Vitec has a service office in Chatsworth if it isn’t working. So, low risk, high reward. It is one of those items that is easy to get a director or producer to pay for, because it is for them. I’ve never had a director or producer pass on a witless monitor because it costs money.
    Yes, when I heard Vitec was buying them, I was bummed, because I had seen what happened to some of the other companies/brands. But the few times I've had to deal with them directly since, it's been fine. Although I haven't tried any back and forth email exchanges at 10 or 11 o'clock at night since they were bought out, but I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt, for now.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Totally forgot about those flat packs! Thanks!

If smallhd had made an OLED focus bolt, i would have jumped on that, as it is 1080 and OLED. But this one seems perfect for a director just wanting to see the action. Better than a video tap feed on a film camera, haha. But i told my buddy if he doesn’t like the Focus Bolt, i’d buy it off him.

Oh, does the Swcore flatpack trap heat? Or does the monitor stay cool? With the Bolt wireless running, these little things can get hot.
    OLED would have been nice. Especially since most of the rest of my monitors are OLED.

They're supposed to be designed to not interfere with the cooling and rear vents, but I've never really paid any attention the few times I've used them.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Ok, well, at $90 they look like a great deal comparatively.

Hawkwoods has a 74wh one in the more normal form factor, but is $150 ish.
    Last edited by James0b57; 06-01-2020 at 10:30 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    OLED would have been nice. Especially since most of the rest of my monitors are OLED.

They're supposed to be designed to not interfere with the cooling and rear vents, but I've never really paid any attention the few times I've used them.
    So, in the last 10minutes of the sale, I caved in and got one. I have been trying to get away from smallHD for my personal use, but this thing is just too good of an idea for a "director's" monitor. And that price by todays standards was kind of unreal. The merging of brands is the best part of the Vitec take over. Interchangeable parts, etc.

I have yet to get the Bolt 500 to go with it, but will be getting one soon. Just sorting out all the things I need to have in line when things open up, and give myself some room for purchase options. Didn't want to let that deal pass up.

Bt since I won't have access to the wireless functions right away, would love to hear your feedback when yo get to try it out over the coming weeks.

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah, it was one of those 'too good to pass up deals'. Mine should be here tomorrow, so I'll probably be able to check it out tomorrow afternoon or evening.

10. Collapse Details
    Oh awesome, really looking forward to that. Here on the west coast, i have a week to wait for shipping.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast