1. Collapse Details
    Ronin-SC on sale for $300 thru May 31
    www.AbeHalpert.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

2. Collapse Details
    Wow, that's a screaming deal on what is probably the best featured smaller camera gimbal on the market.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    The Ronin-S was $499 the other month...these 'instant savings' come and go.

4. Collapse Details
    Ronin SC gimbal is the best I've had because it just works so go get one if you're in need. Great price!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Ronin-S is great but too heavy for constant use, okay if you just grab it for an occasional shot or sequence.
    Shooting documentaries, I often end up carrying a camera and gimbal for many hours, often all day on a boat or at the beach
    lately (pre-quarantine). The SC is just about perfect and has better software/interface and features than my Crane 2.
    A small tiny mirrorless like my X-T3 on the SC would be a very powerful, capable yet small and light combo.

6. Collapse Details
    I have an S with a 5DIV/16-35 2.8 and smallHD Focus 5 and it's an absolute beast. You can't shoot with it for more than a few minutes max without having to sit it down. Even without the Focus 5, it's still pretty heavy. One of my friends has an SC with a tiny Sony a6300, or the like, and it is a feather, in comparison. You could probably run around with that all day.

But both of them are amazing and cost "peanuts" for what you get.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I have an S with a 5DIV/16-35 2.8 and smallHD Focus 5 and it's an absolute beast. You can't shoot with it for more than a few minutes max without having to sit it down. Even without the Focus 5, it's still pretty heavy. One of my friends has an SC with a tiny Sony a6300, or the like, and it is a feather, in comparison. You could probably run around with that all day.

But both of them are amazing and cost "peanuts" for what you get.
    I'm totally beginning to see a use case if you are DP who works on a lot of different stuff of having two or even three gimbals and cameras, if you can afford it. They really all do have different use cases
    and are each better for certain situations. The main thing I still like about my Crane 2 is that it's DC 8.4V power powers my X-T3. I can leave the power switch on the X-T3 on all of the time and when I power the gimbal
    up and down, it powers the camera up and down with it. That is a great feature, having to unmount the X-T3 to constantly change batteries was getting really obnoxious and making me miss important shots.

The SC though has much more advanced features with tracking, panning with a remote phone, camera control, etc. But as far as I know, the Ronin S has a power outlet while the SC doesn't? If I had a
    mirrorless that didn't have too small capacity batteries like the X-T3 does, I would trade up to the SC in a heartbeat.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I'm totally beginning to see a use case if you are DP who works on a lot of different stuff of having two or even three gimbals and cameras, if you can afford it. They really all do have different use cases
    and are each better for certain situations. The main thing I still like about my Crane 2 is that it's DC 8.4V power powers my X-T3. I can leave the power switch on the X-T3 on all of the time and when I power the gimbal
    up and down, it powers the camera up and down with it. That is a great feature, having to unmount the X-T3 to constantly change batteries was getting really obnoxious and making me miss important shots.

The SC though has much more advanced features with tracking, panning with a remote phone, camera control, etc. But as far as I know, the Ronin S has a power outlet while the SC doesn't? If I had a
    mirrorless that didn't have too small capacity batteries like the X-T3 does, I would trade up to the SC in a heartbeat.
    The motion control on the S (and SC, I presume) really is pretty amazing, from the programmed moves you can set for motion and stills to the “Force” motion mimicking with just your cell phone. This is stuff that would have cost you tens of thousands of dollars, if not more, not that long ago.

The S has several connections, including USB C and some proprietary connections for cables for controlling attached cameras, but I don’t know about powering them. I’d have to check that. I just use the regular Canon batteries in the 5D for its power.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    The motion control on the S (and SC, I presume) really is pretty amazing, from the programmed moves you can set for motion and stills to the “Force” motion mimicking with just your cell phone. This is stuff that would have cost you tens of thousands of dollars, if not more, not that long ago.

The S has several connections, including USB C and some proprietary connections for cables for controlling attached cameras, but I don’t know about powering them. I’d have to check that. I just use the regular Canon batteries in the 5D for its power.
    That's really the main shortcoming of the Fujifilm X-T3, the battery life is a joke. Shooting 4K, I can drain them in 18-23 minutes.
    Buying the dummy battery and powering with the gimbal has been a huge improvement in the whole gimbal experience.

That's one thing I love about my C200 and 300 MKII, the batteries last forever, I can shoot all day with just two.